» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Music Weekend: Audiotree Presents, Accidentals, Garth Brooks, Kenny Chesney, Halestorm and more...
Three Michigan acts -- Olivia Dear and Teddy Roberts & the Mouths from Detroit and Young Ritual from Flint -- will be featured on the Audiotree Presents Instagram series on Friday, May 1. Each will play on the hour, beginning at 5 p.m. @audiotree. Michigan's own Accidentals, meanwhile, perform at 8 p.m. Friday, May 1, as part of the Family Room Series hosted by The Ark in Ann Arbor via its web site, theark.org. "Admission" is free but donations are will be solicited for both the band and the venue.
• The Detroit Symphony Orchestra's slate of weekend watch parties, via Facebook Live, includes: Music Director Emeritus Leonard Slatkin conducting pieces by Loiacono and Ravel at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 30, and by Stravinsky and Gershwin at 2 p.m. Friday, May 1; and incoming Music Director Jader Bignamini leading the DSO through Mahler's Symphony No. 4 at 3 p.m. Sunday, May 3. dso.org for more details.
• Country star Kenny Chesney takes to Facebook Live at 7 p.m. Friday, May 1, to launch his new album "Here and Now" The 30-minute event include a Q&A and also air on his social media platforms and web site (KennyChesney.com) and be simulcast on SiriusXM's The Highway (Channel 56) and No Shoes Radio (Channel 57).
• The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's latest batch of videos on YouTube spotlights the inductee class of 2000, with performances by James Taylor, Eric Clapton and the duo of Bonnie Raitt and Melissa Etheridge, and a selection of speeches on the Rock Hall's YouTube page.
• Hard rockers Halestorm play live at 4 p.m. Friday, May 1, at YouTube.com/wearehear.
• "The Call to Unite" features 200 entertainers -- including Josh Groban, the Roots' Questlove, Oprah Winfrey, Julia Roberts, Rob Lowe and More -- along with world and community leaders performing and speaking for 24 hours, beginning at 8 p.m. Friday, May 1, at unite.us along with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, LinkedIn and other outlets.
• The Detroit Jazz Fest Live! app premieres two new pieces this weekend -- the Stanley Clarke Band's opening night performance from the 2019 festival at 7 p.m. Friday, May 1, and the Gretchen Valade documentary "When I Need to Smile" at 7 p.m. Saturday, May 2. Available in the Apple App Store and from Google Play. detroitjazzfest.org.
• Country star Luke Combs will play to benefit Miller Lite's #VirtualTipJar bartenders relief initiative at 8 p.m. Friday, May 1, on his YouTube channel and social media.
• Sheryl Crow performs as part of H.E.R.'s weekly "Girls With Guitars" Instagram Live series at 8 p.m. Friday, May 1, benefiting MusiCares' Covid-19 Relief Fund.
• The Dreamworld Live festival features an array of acts -- Krewella, Adventure Club, Dezza, Bonnie x Clyde and more -- streaming Friday through Sunday, May 1-3, via Twitch and raising money for hospitals through the Heart Water Foundation.dreamdworldfest.com.
• The second weekend of Jazz Fest in Place, standing in for this year's canceled New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, airs through Sunday, May 3, via the city's WWOZ-FM and its web site, wwoz.org.
• Fredo Disco offers up a live show at 7 p.m. Friday, May 1 on Instagram.
• Fitz & the Tantrums will make your hands clap live at 8 p.m. Friday, May 1 at @ks95pics on Instagram.
• Kesha performs as part of the Jack Daniel's Friday night series at 7 p.m. May 1 on her Facebook and Instagram pages, with proceeds going to Sweet Relief's Covid-19 Fund
• Red Bull Records host a Virtual Festival with Beartooth, the Aces, Kofi, Bixst, Flawes and more starting at 2 p.m. Friday, May 1 on Facebook, YouTube and Twitch.
• Atlanta's Shaky Knees Music Festival is still hoping to take place in October, but Friday through Sunday, May 1-3 it will show performances from previous festivals at 8 each night, including My Morning Jacket, the Strokes, Beck, Incubus and more, via shakykneesfestival.com. Donations will be solicited for Live Nation's Crew Nation and the Atlanta Community Food Bank.
• Lake Orion singer-songwriter Steve Taylor offers a “Beatles Mix” on his weekly quarantine concert at 7 p.m. Friday, May 1, on Facebook Live.
• Lullabies From Detroit on Facebook Live will feature songs this weekend from Joe Serrapere on Friday, May 1, and Amy Meldrum Levos on Saturday, May 2, at 10 p.m. both nights.
• Kalamazoo-founded Gibson Brands, Inc., is raising money for MusiCares Covid-19 Relief Fund by auctioning three special electric guitars -- a Joan Jett Gibson ES-339, Lukas Nelson's Les Paul Junior and James Bay's 1966 Epiphone model. Bidding runs through May 8 -- through its Gibson Gives program. Bidding is taking place via charitybuzz.com. More information at gibsongives.org.
• Greg Saunier of Deerhoof performs on SPIN's Lullaby Session series at 9 p.m. Friday May 1 on @spinmag on Instagram.
• OneRepublic, Train, Jewel, Big & Rich, Carly Pearce and others are part of the lineup for United 4 Cincy, a benefit for the United Way of Greater Cincinnati taking place at 7 p.m. Friday, May 1, at united4cincy.com.
• Tennessee Walt will again waltz through the classic ountrya nd folk songbook at 2 p.m. Saturday May 2, on Facebook Live and YouTube. The creation of New York singer Gayden Wren, whose father was born in Detroit and raised in Lansing, the "A Distant Country 2" show will include a couple of Michigan-related songs to acknowleged the state's struggle with Covid-19.
• The Sponge faithful continue to be served with frontman Vinnie Dombroski’s “The Beer Sessions” at 4 p.m. Saturdays, while the group’s Andy Patalan hosts his “Making It Up as We Go” at 8 p.m. Wednesday and Satrudays, both on Facebook Live.
• Members of Spandau Ballet and Then Jericho join the Alarm's Mike Peters adn his wife Jules on "The Big Night In" at 4 p.m. Saturday, May 4, at www.facebook.com/theofficialalarm
• Singer-songwriter Michael McDermott plays live at 4 p.m. Saturday, May 2, at stageit.com/MichaelMcDermott. Suggested donation $10.
• Erykah Badu, Skrillex, Tame Impala and more than 50 others will be part Remote Utopia, a 24-hour takeover at NTS.live on Saturday, May 2, to raise money for the Global Foodbanking Network.
• Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood are at it again, this time with a live show from the Grand Ole Opry at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, May 2, on Brooks' Facebook page.
• Lauren Jauregui turns ina performance on Sunday, May 3, on Instagram.
• Diplo plays DJ at 4 p.m. Sunday, April 3, on YouTube, Instagram and Twitch.
• John Mayer takes to Instgram for a performance at 10 p.m. Sunday, May 3.
• More than 40 contemporary artists -- including Meredith Monky, Vicky Chow, Steve Reich and four world premiere commissioned works will be featured on the Bang on a Can Marathon, running 3-9 p.m. Sunday, May 3, at marathon2020.bangonacan.org. The full schedule and other information is available on the site.
• Detroit's Keynote Sisters will honor "Women in Music" during the duo's weekly Facebook Live performance at 8 p.m. Sunday, May 3.
Send your thoughts and comments to