» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: Alloy Orchestra, Deadmau5,, Maze, Patti Labelle and more...
Boston's Alloy Orchestra comes to town to provide musical accompaniment for a pair of films this weekend at the Detroit Film Theatre in the Detroit Institute of Arts, 5200 Woodward Ave. The creepy 1924 French film "Gallery of Monsters" screens at 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 19, while 1928's upbeat "Speedy," Harold Lloyd's final silent feature, runs at noon Sunday, Oct. 20. Tickets $5, free for DIA members; 313-833-7900 or dia.org.
• Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Rickie Lee Jones performs Friday, Oct. 18, at the Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Doors at 7 p.m.; $50, 248-544-1991 or themagicbag.com.
• Detroit rock troupe the Lows celebrates the release of a new single, joined by the Beggars and Century Babes at 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18, in the Parliament Room at Otus Supply, 345 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. Tickets $10 advance, $12 at the door; 248-291-6160 or otussupply.com.
• Rootsy hometowners Cold Tone Harvest and Christopher Williams play at 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18, at 20 Front Street in Lake Orion. Tickets $18, 248-783-7105 or 20frontstreet.com.
• Big-eared EDM icon Deadmau5 wraps up his two nights of Cube V3-2019 shows on Friday, Oct. 18, at the Fillmore Detroit, 2115 Woodward Ave. Doors at 7:30 p.m. Tickets $45-$77; 313-961-5451 or thefillmoredetroit.com.
• Guitar virtuoso Keller Williams is joined by the Accidentals for a show on Friday, Oct. 18, at Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Doors at 8:30 p.m. Tickets $33; 313-961-8358 or saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Jader Bignamini conducts the Detroit Symphony Orchestra through a program of Mahler, Glinka and Bruch through Saturday, Oct. 19 at Orchestra Hall, 3711 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets are $15-$105. Friday's 8 p.m. show will be webcast via dso.org/live. Call 313-576-5111 or visit dso.org.
• The Old Americana Band plays exactly what the name says on Friday, Oct. 18, at the Majestic Theatre, 4140 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Luca Mariano Distillery and the Tommy Steel Band also perform. Doors at 7 p.m., tickets $25 at 313-833-9700 or majesticdetroit.com.
• My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult brings its sonic thrills to the Token Lounge, 28949 Joy Road, Westland, on Friday, Oct. 18. Doors at 8 p.m. Tickets $20 at 734-513-5030 or thetokenlounge.com.
• The Steel Wheels and Miss Tress play Americana at 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18, at The Ark, 316 S. Main St., Ann Arbor. Tickets $25 at 734-761-1818 or theark.org.
• Detroit rock quartet Mover Shaker releases a new single with a show on Saturday, Oct. 19, at the Loving Touch, 22634 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Greet Death, Pancho Via's Skull, Seaholm and Petty Theft are also on the bill. Doors at 7 p.m. Tickets $10 at 248-820-5596 or thelovingtouchferndale.com.
• The Nashville duo Swearingen & Kelli comes to town at 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 19 at 20 Front Street in Lake Orion. Tickets $18 at 248-783-7105 or 20frontstreet.com.
• Perennial favorites Maze featuring Frankie Beverly and Joe play sweet soul music at 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 19, at the Fox Theatre, 2211 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets $69 and up at 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• British songstress Natasha Bedingfield promotes her latest album "Roll With Me" on Saturday, Oct. 19, at the Majestic Theatre, Detroit. Doors at 7 p.m., tickets $35 advance, $40 day of show. Call 313-833-9700 or visit majesticdetroit.com.
• Pennsylvania rockers the Wonder Years rolls into town with Homesafe and Future teens Saturday, Oct. 19, at Saint Andrew's Hall, Detroit. Doors at 6 p.m., tickets $25 and $37 at 313-961-8358 or saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Detroit guitarist Bobby Murray plays Love Letters From Detroit tribute to Etta James, featuring Tosha Owens, on Saturday, Oct. 19, at the Token Lounge, Westland. Doors at 7 p.m., tickets $20 advance, $25 day of show; 734-513-5030 or thetokenlounge.com.
• Virginia's Carbon Leaf brings its rootsy self to Ann Arbor on Saturday, Oct. 19, for an 8 p.m. show at The Ark. Tickets $30 at 734-761-1818 or theark.org.
• R&B veteran Patti Labelle lays on the soul at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 20, at Sound Board in the MotorCity Casino Hotel, 2901 Grand River Ave., Detroit. Tickets $83 and up at 313-237-7711 or motorcitycasino.com.
• Country singer Ruston Kelly plays Sunday, Oct. 20, at the Shelter, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Doors at 6 p.m. Donovan Woods opens. Tickets $18 at 313-961-8358 or saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Richard Thompson and Eliza Gilkyson makes for a potent pairing at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 20, at The Ark, Ann Arbor — so potent, we're afraid, it's already sold out. Info at 734-761-1818 or theark.org.
Send your thoughts and comments to