» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: A2 Blues Festival, Hootie & the Blowfish, Papa Roach, The Alarm and more...
The Ann Arbor Blues Festival celebrates its 50th anniversary with performances by the Kinsey Report, Laith Al-Saadi, Mindi Abair & the Boneshakers, Bernard Allison and more, Friday through Sunday, Aug. 16-18 at the Washtenaw Farm Council Fairgrounds, 5055 Ann Arbor-Saline Road. $40-$375. a2bluesfestival.com.
• Hootie & the Blowfish, on its first tour in a decade, and Barenaked Ladies perform at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 16, at the DTE Energy Music Theatre, Sashabaw Road east of I-75, Independence Township. $39.50 and up. 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• Papa Roach, Asking Alexandria and Bad Wolves perform at 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 16 at the Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill, 14900 Metropolitan Parkway at Schoennherr Road, Sterling Heights. $29.50 and up. 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• Slim Jim Phantom of the Stray Cats brings his own band to town for a show on Friday, Aug. 16, at the Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Doors at 8 p.m. $20. 248-544-1991 or themagicbag.com.
• The Crystal Method brings its brand of EDM back on Friday, Aug. 16, at the Crofoot Ballroom, 1 S. Saginaw St., Pontiac. Doors at 9 p.m. $15. (248) 858-9333 or visit thecrofoot.com.
• It'll be loud at Saint Andrew's Hall on Friday night, Aug. 16, when Neurosis, Bell Witch and Deaf Kids bring the heavy. 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Doors at 7 p.m. $28. 313-961-6358 or saintandrewsdetroit.com
• Why? and Anna Burch will keep the dance floor full on Friday, Aug. 16, at the Magic Bag, 4120 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Doors at 7 p.m. $18 advance, $20 day of show. 313-833-9700 or majesticdetroit.com.
• Singer-songwriter's Amy Petty and Adam Plomaritas play at 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 16 at 20 Front Street in Lake Orion. $18. 734-783-7105 or 20frontstreet.com.
• Genre-blending guitar hero Robben Ford plays at 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 16, at The Ark, 316 S. Main St., Ann Arbor. $48. 734-761-1800 or theark.org.
• Nelly, TLC and Flo Rida join forces at 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 12 at the DTE Energy Music Theatre. $25 and up. 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• Annie Bosko, Matt Bell and others will be part of A Night in Nashville at 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 17, at the Wildwood Amphitheater, 2700 Joslyn Court, Lake Orion. $15. 734-783-7105 or 20frontstreet.com.
• The hard-driving Mighty Mighty Bosstones bring a ska party to town Saturday, Aug. 17, at the Royal Oak Music Theatre, 318 W. Fourth St. Doors at 7 p.m. $25-$55. 248-399-2980 or royaloakmusictheatre.com.
• The Alarm, Modern English and Jay Aston's Gene Loves Jezebel bring the 80s back, and beyond, on Saturday, Aug. 17, at Saint Andrew's Hall, Detroit. Doors at 6:30 p.m. $29.50. 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• The Thomas McClary Commodores Experience will turn Detroit's Beacon Park (Grand River and Cass avenues) into a brick house on Saturday, Aug. 17. Festivities start at 6:30 p.m. Admission is free. DTEBeaconPark.com.
• La Shaun phoenix Moore -- joined by singer-songwriter Peter Collins and DJ Stacye J -- hosts Poetry Slam Unplugged at 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 17, in The Cube at the Fisher Music Center, 3711 Woodward Ave., Detroit. $10-$35. 313-576-5100 or dso.org.
• Mark Rose of Spitalfield and Ryan Dunson of Rookie of the Year are together on Friday, Aug. 16, at PJ's Lager House, 1254 Michigan Ave., Detroit. Doors at 7 p.m. $10. 313-961-4668 or pjslagerhouse.com.
• Singer-songwriter Matt Wertz performs at 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 17, at The Ark, Ann Arbor. $20. 734-761-1800 or theark.org.
· Megadeth bassist David Ellefson comes to own with his Bassstory 2019 show on Sunday, Aug. 18, at the Token Lounge, 28949 Joy Road, Westland. Doors at 7 p.m. $20. 734-513-5030 or thetokenlounge.com.
• The Del McCoury Band offers a night of bluegrass at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 18, at The Ark, Ann Arbor. $48-$75. 734-761-1800 or theark.org.
Send your thoughts and comments to