» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Florida Georgia Line tops a loaded live music weekend
nly a few acts are playing multiple nights at the DTE Energy Music Theatre this year. Country sensation Florida Georgia Line is one of 'em, at 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 10, and back again on Aug. 22. Dan Shawy and Morgan Wallen open. Tickets $36 and up at 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• Go back in time with Lost 80s Live, featuring A Flock of Seagulls, the Tubes, Wang Chung and more at 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 9, at the Aretha Franklin Amphitheatre, 2600 Atwater St. at Chene, Detroit. Tickets $35-$60 at 313-393-7128 or visit TheAretha.com.
• A group of all-star locals — including guitarists Kris Kurzawa and Brett Lucas, bassist Chuck Bartels and more — will play A Tribute to the Allman Brothers Band at 9:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 9, at the Parliament Room at Otus Supply, 345 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. Tickets $15 advance, $20 at the door, 248-291-6160 or otussupply.com.
• Roots rockers Parker Millsap and Jack Klatt perform Friday, Aug. 9, at the Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Doors at 8 p.m. Tickets $10, 248-544-1991 or themagicbag.com.
• Mark Rivera, a multi-instrumentalist with Billy Joel, Ringo Starr and many more, will join Your Generation at 10:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 9, as the first show at the newly opened The Morrie, 260 N. Woodward Ave., Birmingham. $10. 248-940-3250 or facebook.com/The-Morrie-Birmingham.
• Singer-songwriter John Berry makes up his postponed Feb. 21 show at 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 9, at 20 Front St. in Lake Orion. Tickets $25, 248-783-7105 or 20frontstreet.com. Tickets for the original date will be honored.
• Rootsy favorites Old Crow Medicine Show turn the "Wagon Wheel" at 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 9, at Sound Board in the MotorCity Casino Hotel, 2901 Grand River Ave., Detroit; $42-$60, 800-745-3000 or visit soundboarddetroit.com.
• Former Yes frontman Jon Anderson performs at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 9 at the Chevrolet Rockin' on the Riverfront series on the plaza behind the GM Renaissance Center in downtown Detroit. Admission is free; gmrencen.com.
• "Stranger Things'" Gaten Matarazzo brings his band Work in Progress to The Shelter, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit, for a show Friday, Aug. 9. Doors at 6 p.m., $18, 313-961-6358 or saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Local acts the Drinkard Sisters, Brother Sun, Stay Outside and more are part of the Free Flow Festival on Friday, Aug. 9, at Saint Andrew's Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Doors at 6 p.m. $15. Proceeds go to charities working to fight human trafficking and assisting adult female survivors in southeastern Michigan; 313-961-6358 or saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Solardo, Chuck Flask and Andrea Ghita bring the beats to Detroit's Magic Stick at 9:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 9. 4120 Woodward Ave., $15, 313-833-9700 or majesticdetroit.com.
• Producer Jake Bass presents his first Bassment Sounds showcase featuring Mama Yaya and Ryn Scott on Friday, Aug. 9, at the Rock Room in the Emerald Theatre, 31 N. Walnut St., Mount Clemens. Admission is free, 586-630-0120 or theemeraldtheatre.com.
• Heavy rockers Zao perform Friday, Aug. 9, at Sanctuary Detroit, 2932 Caniff, Hamtramck. Doors at 7 p.m., $15, 313-462-4117 or sanctuarydetroit.com.
• YouTube favorite Mike Maase plays classic rock favorites acoustically at 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 9, at the Ark, 316 S. Main St., Ann Arbor; $30, 734-761-1800 or theark.org.
• Canadian stalwart Sarah McLachlan sings with the Meadow Brook Festival Orchestra at 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 10, at the Meadow Brook Amphitheatre on the campus of Oakland University, Rochester Hills; $30.50 and up, 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• Canned Heat, Magic Buss, Scott Morgan, John Sinclair and more will be part of Woodstock in the D, a daylong festival celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Woodstock Music and Art Fair running from 10-10 Saturday, Aug. 10, at Proud Lake in Wixom. (Rain date Sunday, Aug. 11). Tickets $55, woodstockd.com.
• Rootsy bluesman Jontavious Willis plays at 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 10, at 20 Front Street in Lake Orion; $25, 248-783-7105 or 20frontstreet.com.
• Heavy rockers Hellyeah bring A Celebration of Life to the Fillmore Detroit, 2115 Woodward Ave., on Saturday, Aug. 10. Doors at 7 p.m., $25-$59.50, 313-961-5451 or thefillmoredetroit.com.
• North Carolina rockers Scapegoat along with Spirit Breaker, Hollow Front and Grave Bloom perform Saturday, Aug. 10, at The Shelter, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Doors at 6 p.m., $10, 313-961-6358 or saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Outer Spaces, Radiator Hospital and Mantra team up for a show Saturday, Aug. 10, at the UFO Factory, 2110 Trumbull St., Detroit. Doors at 9 p.m., $8, ufofactory.com.
• The River Raisin Ragtime Revue presents Ragtime Extravaganza: Music of New Orleans at 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 10, at The Ark, Ann Arbor; $35 and $50, 734-761-1800 or theark.org.
• Santana celebrates "Supernatural" and Woodstock, with the Doobie Brothers in town, at 7 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 11 at the DTE Energy Music Theatre; $47 and up, 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• Ben Folds and the Violent Femmes, with Savannah Conley opening, team up at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 11, at the Meadow Brook Amphitheatre; $29.50 and up, 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• Beast Coast, featuring Joey Bada$$ and Flatbush Zombies — throw down at 7 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 11, in the Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill, 14900 Metropolitan Parkway at Schoenherr Road, Sterling Heights; $30.50 and up, 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com
• Singer-songwriter Marc Broussard performs Sunday, April 11 at the Magic Bag, Ferndale. Doors at 8 p.m.; $32, 248-544-1991 or themagicbag.com.
• Daniel Caesar brings his neo-soul, with Koffee, on Sunday, Aug. 11, at the Fillmore Detroit. Doors at 7 p.m.; $39.50-$95, 313-961-5451 or thefillmoredetroit.com.
• The Iguanas slither up from New Orleans for a show at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 11, at The Ark, Ann Arbor; $20, 734-761-1800 or theark.org.
Send your thoughts and comments to