Concert Weekend: Queen, Khalid, Temptations, Mo Pop, MC Hammer and more...
In the wake of the award-winning biopic "Bohemian Rhapsody," Queen + Adam Lambert will rock us with the Rhapsody Tour at 8 p.m. Saturday, July 27, at Detroit's Little Caesars Arena. Tickets are $49.50 and up at 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• MC Hammer, whose "Can't Touch This" was a theme song for the Detroit Pistons' Bad Boys teams, hosts the Hammer's House Party Tour with Sir Mix-A-Lot, Coolio, Biz Markie and DJ Cool at 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 26, at the DTE Energy Music Theatre, Sashabaw Road east of I-75, Independence Township. Tickets $25 and up; 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• The Accidentals and the Crane Wives team up for a concert at 7 p.m. Friday, July 26, at the Wildwood Amphitheatre, 2700 Joslyn Ct., Lake Orion; $12-$18, 248-783-7105 or 20frontestreet.com.
• West Michigan's Political Lizard and Loxodon take the stage at 9 p.m. Friday, July 26, in the Parliament Room at Otus Supply, 345 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. Tickets $10 advance, $15 at the door. Call 248-291-6160 or visit otussupply.com.
• Soul Asylum is this week's headliner at the Chevrolet Rockin' on the Riverfront series at 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 26, on the plaza behind the GM Renaissance Center in downtown Detroit. Admission is free. Visit gmrencen.com.
• Blues-rock legend John Mayall is joined by Michigananian Larry McCray on Friday, July 26, at the Token Lounge, 28949 Joy Road, Westland. Doors at 7 p.m., $35-$45 at 734-513-5030 or tokenlounge.com.
• The contemporary string quartet Musique Noire plays as part of Friday Night Live! at 7 and 8:30 p.m. July 26 at the Detroit Institute of Arts, 5200 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Free with museum admission, 313-833-7900 or dia.org.
• Stick to Your Guns, Counterparts, Terror and more rock hard on Friday, July 26, at the Magic Stick, 4120 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets $18 advance, $20 day of show, 313-833-9700 or majesticdetroit.com.
• DJ Bet Lemos headlines the premiere We Do This! club night on Friday, July 26, at The Shelter, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Doors at 10 p.m., $5 at 313-961-8961 or saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• The Appalachian Roadshow takes it to the mountains at 8 p.m. Friday, July 26, at the Ark, 316 S. Main St., Ann Arbor. Tickets $20 at 734-761-1451 or theark.org.
• Guns N' Roses' Slash and his band the Conspirators, featuring Myles Kenney, will rock at 9 p.m. Friday, July 26, in the Colosseum at Caesars Windsor, 377 Riverside Drive. Ticket $28 and up, 800-991-7777 or ceasars.com.
• Tame Impale, Vampire Weekend, Ella Mai, Detroit natives Lizzo, Sheefy McFly and the Craig Brown Band and 18 others perform at the seventh annual Mo Pop Festival, taking place Saturday and Sunday, July 27-28, at Detroit's West Riverfront Park. Food trucks and cultural offerings will be part of the party. Tickets are $95 per day, $149.50 for the weekend. Visit mopopfestival.com for all the details.
• Iconic Motown group the Temptations comes home, joining the Righteous Brothers at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, July 27, at the Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill, 14900 Metropolitan Pkwy., Sterling Heights. Tickets $39.50 and up at 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• The City of Trenton welcomes its own Motown on the River, starring Martha Reeves, 2-9 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 27, in Elizabeth Park, 4461 Elizabeth Drive. Performers include Spyder Turner, the Miracles Revue featuring Mark Scott, Undisputed Truth, Carolyn Crawford and the 313 Band. Admission is free with a $5 suggested parking donation; 734-261-1990 or waynecounty.com.
• Singer-songwriter Molly Parden performs at 8 p.m. Saturday, July 27 at 20 Front Street in Lake Orion. The Carriers open. Tickets $18 at 248-783-7105 or 20frontestreet.com.
• *repeat repeat and flipturn offer an evening of edgy modern pop on Saturday, July 27, at the Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Doors at 8 p.m. Tickets $12 at 248-544-1991 or themagicbag.com.
• Austin, Texas, guitar hero Jackie Venson brings her six-string to town at 8:30 p.m. Saturday, July 27, in the Parliament Room at Otus Supply, 345 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. Tickets $15 advance, $20 at the door; 248-291-6160 or otussupply.com.
• Maxwell offers a night of sweet soul music, joined by Corinne Bailey Rae, at 8 p.m. Saturday, July 27, at the Aretha Franklin Amphitheatre, 2600 Atwater St. at Chene, Detroit. Tickets $61 pavilion, $51 lawn; 313-393-0292 or thearetha.com.
• Simon Cowell-formed boy band PrettyMuch bring the hits to town Saturday, July 27, at the Fillmore Detroit, 2115 Woodward Ave. Doors at 6 p.m.; $20 at 313-961-5441 or thefillmoredetroit.com.
• The Boston-Spain duo the Zebbler Encanti Experience top a bill with Dogtrotter, Dancemuth and Dreezstring at 9:30 p.m. Saturday, July 27, at the Magic Stick, Detroit. Tickets $12.50 at 313-833-9700 or majesticdetroit.com.
• Rob Ickes & Trey Hensley, with Chatam Rabbits, play together at 8 p.m. Saturday, July 27 at the Ark, Ann Arbor. Tickets $25 at 734-761-1451 or theark.org.
• Mary J. Blige and Nas make a potent pair at 8 p.m. Sunday, July 28, at the DTE Energy Music Theatre, Independence Township. Tickets $30.99 and up; 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• The Darts (US) bring their horror-punk garage rock act to Ferndale on Sunday, July 28, at the Magic Bag. JetBeats opens. Doors at 8 p.m. $12; 248-544-1991 or themagicbag.com.
• Contemporary R&B sensation Khalid brings his Free Spirit World Tour to Detroit's Little Caesars Arena at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, July 28. Clairo opens. Tickets $39.95 and up; 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• Slaughter comes to bang some heads on Sunday, July 28, at the Token Lounge, Westland. Doors at 4 p.m. Tickets $25-$65; 734-513-5030 or tokenlounge.com.
• The eclectic Lunar Octet samples the world's musics at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, July 28, at the Ark, Ann Arbor. Tickets $20; 734-761-1451 or theark.org.
Send your thoughts and comments to