» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: Steve Miller, Lionel Richie, Dierks Bentley, Young The Giant and more...
A trio of potent pairings at the Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill highlight weekend concerts. Rockers Third Eye Blind, Jimmy Eat World and Ra Ra Riot team up for a Summer Gods Tour at 7 p.m. Friday, June 28. Young The Giant and Fitz & the Tantrums, with Coin play at 7 p.m. Saturday, June 29. And on Sunday, June 30, the Steve Miller Band is joined by Marty Stuart & his Fabulous Superlatives for a Classic Rock Meets Classic Country show at 7:30 p.m. Both shows $29.50 and up. 14900 Metropolitan Pkwy., Sterling Heights; 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• Detroit-born jazz pianist Rod Williams, now based in New York, comes home with his Quartet for shows at 9:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, June 28-29, at Cliff Bell's, 2030 Park Ave., Detroit. Tickets $10, 313-961-2543 or cliffbells.com.
• '80s hard rockers Autograph, with Proper Villains opening, play Friday, June 28, at the Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Doors at 8 p.m. Tickets $20, 248-544-1991 or themagicbag.com.
• The John Strickley Trio brings its genre-hopping instrumental music to the Parliament Room in Otus Supply 345 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale, at 9:30 p.m. Friday, June 28. Tickets $10 advance, $15 day of show, 248-291-6160 or otussupply.com.
• Florida duo the Contenders roll in for a show at 8 p.m. Friday, June 28, at 20 Front Street in Lake Orion. Tickets $20, 248-783-7105 or 20frontstreet.com.
• Next, Donnell Jones, Case, Montell Jordan and more will be part of the "Back to the '90s" package at 8 p.m. Friday, June 28, at the Fox Theatre, 2211 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets $79 and up, 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• Delta Rae and Lucette team for a night of Americana on Friday, June 28, in the Shelter, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Doors at 7 p.m. Tickets $20, 313-961-6358 or saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Drew Howard, Mark Levengood and Joe Wilson show how Dobros Heal the World at 8 p.m. Friday, June 28, at The Ark, 316 S. Main St., Ann Arbor $25. 724-761-1818 or theark.org.
• Country star Dierks Bentley brings his 2019 Burning Man Tour, with Jon Pardi, Tenille Townes and Hot Country Kings, to the DTE Energy Music Theatre in Independence Township at 7 p.m. Saturday, June 29. Tickets $35 and up, 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• DL Rossi, a Detroit-born singer-songwriter now based in Nashville, comes home for a show at 7 p.m. Saturday, June 29, at the Pike Room in the Crofoot, 1 S. Saginaw St., Pontiac. Adventures with Vultures, Stefanie Haapala and Steel Giant also perform. Tickets $10, 248-858-9333 or thecrofoot.com.
• Jesse Ray & the Carolina Catfish head north to play at 8:30 p.m. Saturday, June 29, at the Parliament Room in Otus Supply, Ferndale. Detroit's Jack Oats opens. Tickets $12 advance, $15 day of show, 248-291-6160 or otussupply.com.
• Def Leggend plays tribute to Def Leppard Saturday night, June 29, at the Shelter, Detroit. Doors at 9 p.m. Tickets $15, 313-961-6358 or saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• The Grammy Aawrd-winning Los Lonely Boys play at 8 p.m. Saturday, June 29 at The Ark, Ann Arbor. Tickets $35, 724-761-1818 or theark.org.
• Motown veteran Lionel Richie says "Hello" to metro Detroit again at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, June 30, at the DTE Energy Music Theatre, Independence Township. Tickets $29.50 and up, 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• Sean Kelly of the Samples plays a solo date at 7 p.m. Sunday, June 30, in the Parliament Room at Otus Supply, Ferndale. Tickets $25 advance, $30 day of show, 248-291-6160 or visit otussupply.com.
• Idaho rockers Built To Spill will be joined by Oru and Clarke & the Himselfs on Sunday, June 30, at Saint Andrew's Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Doors at 7 p.m. Tickets $29.50, 313-961-6358 or saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Soda Stereo and Cafe Tacuba team up for some Rock en Espanol on Sunday, June 29, at the Magic Stick, 4120 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Doors at 9 p.m. Tickets $10, 313-833-9700 or majesticdetroit.com.
• Kalamazoo's the Go Rounds close out the month with psychedelic country rock at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, June 30, at The Ark, Ann Arbor. Tickets $15, 723-761-1818 or theark.org.
Send your thoughts and comments to