» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: Bob Seger, River Days, Leslie Odom Jr., War and more...
Bob Seger plays the last of his six-show DTE Energy Music Theatre run — and the last scheduled concert of his Roll Me Away farewell tour — at 7:30 p.m. Friday, June 21. The Michigan Rattlers open. Tickets are sold out; 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• The prolific Steve Taylor Three is joined by Two Lane Bridge and Allie Aro at 8 p.m. Friday, June 21, in the Parliament Room at Otus Supply, 345 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. Tickets $10 advance, $15 at the door; 248-291-6160 or otussupply.com.
• Juliana Hatfield and Bird Streets roost on Friday night, June 21, at the Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave. Doors at 8 p.m., $35, 248-541-1991 or themagicbag.com.
• The Texas duo Dawn and Hawkes drop in on 20 Front Street in Lake Orion at 8 p.m. Friday, June 21. Tickets $18; 248-783-7105 or 20frontstreet.com.
• Smokey Robinson, Brian McKnight, Brandy, Faith Evans and more perform as part of this year's Detroit River Days festival, moving to West Riverfront Park on Friday through Sunday, June 21-23. Tickets $5; free 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday. Visit riverdays.com.
• Former "X Factor" contestant Lucy Spraggan hits town Friday, June 21, at PJ's Lager House, 1254 Michigan Ave., Detroit. Doors at 7 p.m., $12, 313-961-4668 or pjslagerhouse.com.
• The Great Lakes Chamber Music Festival presents the Shouse Ensemble F-Plus at 7 and 8:30 p.m. Friday at the Detroit Institute of Arts, 5200 Woodward Ave. Free with museum admission. 313-833-7900 or dia.org.
• The Palmer Woods Music in Homes series finishes with a pair of events this weekend: Motown & Beyond with the Al McKenzie Quartet on Friday, June 21 and Salsa, Sangria & Afro-Cuban Jazz with Orquesta La Inspiracion on Saturday, June 22. Tickets and other details given privately; call 313-891-2514 or visit palmerwoods.org.
• Memphis rapper Chris Travis performs on Friday, June 21 in the Shelter, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Doors at 7 p.m., $23, 313-961-6358 or saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• The indie folk husband-wife duo Lovelytheband performs Friday, June 21, at the Majestic Theatre, 4140 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Finding It Hard To Smile and Flora Cash are also on the bill. Doors at 7 p.m., $20 advance, $25 day of show; 313-833-9700 or majesticdetroit.com.
• El Mundao Da Vueltas tops a Latin music bill that also includes Lennin Ramirez, T3R Elemento and Oscar Cortez on Friday, June 21, at the Masonic Temple, 500 Temple St., Detroit. Doors at 9 p.m., $52, 313-638-2724 or themasonic.com.
• Former Barenaked Ladies co-frontman Steven Page brings his trio to The Ark, 316 S. Main St., Ann Arbor at 8 p.m. Friday, June 21. The Talbott Brothers open. Tickets $25 at 734-761-1818 or theark.org.
• Several dozen local acts will be part of the third Front Porch festival starting at noon on Saturday, June 22, in the residential streets of Ferndale. Schedules and other details at thefrontporchmi.com.
• Monica, Dru Hill and Jagged Edge perform at the 105.9 KISS-FM Block party at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, June 22, at the Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill, 14900 Metropolitan Pkwy., Sterling Heights. Tickets $29.50 and up; 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• You can stick a Forq in it when the all-star improvisational troupe performs at 9:30 p.m. Saturday, June 22, in the Parliament Room at Otus Supply, 345 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. The Redone open. Tickets $12 advance, $17 at the door; 248-291-6160 or otussupply.com.
• Nashville singer-songwriter Liz Longley performs at 8 p.m. Saturday, June 22, at 20 Front Street in Lake Orion; $20 at 248-783-7105 or visit 20frontstreet.com.
• Touche Amore from Los Angeles plays Saturday, June 22, at the Crofoot Ballroom, 1 S. Saginaw St., Pontiac. Doors at 6 p.m. with Microwave, P.O.S., the Sidekicks and Retirement Party also performing. Tickets $17 at 248-858-9333 or thecrofoot.com.
• Leslie Odom Jr., "Hamilton's" original Aaron Burr, performs as part of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra's Heroes night at 8 p.m. Saturday, June 22, at Orchestra Hall, 3711 Woodward Ave. $38-$78 with gala packages available. Call 313-576-5111 or visit dso.org.
• Phoenix YouTube sensation Alex Aiono takes the stage at Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit, on Saturday, June 22. Doors at 7 p.m. 4th Avenue and Aja9 also perform. Tickets $23 and $99 at 313-961-6358 or saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Feed Me (aka British-born DJ Jon Gooch) works the dance floor at Detroit's Majestic Theatre on Saturday, June 22. Doors at 8 p.m., $25 advance, $30 day of show; 313-833-9700 or majesticdetroit.com.
• British rock troubadour Robyn Hitchcock performs at 8 p.m. Saturday, June 22, at the Ark in Ann Arbor. Tickets $20 at 734-761-1818 or theark.org.
• War brings its 50th anniversary tour to town at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, June 23, at Sound Board in the MotorCity Casino Hotel, 2901 Grand River Blvd., Detroit. Tickets $32-$44 at 313-309-4700 or soundboarddetroit.com.
• Jimmie Vaughan is back with a new album and a show on Sunday, June 23, at the Token Lounge, 28949 Joy Road, Westland. Doors at 8 p.m. Tickets $35-$50 at 734-513-5030 or thetokenlounge.com.
• Pop/R&B singer Gnash plays Sunday, June 23, in the Shelter, Detroit. Doors at 7 p.m. Anna Clendening opens. Tickets $23 at 313-961-6358 or saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Local singer-songwriters Annie & Rod Capps, Jan Krist, Jim Bizer and Alan Finbeiner join forces at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, June 23, at the Ark in Ann Arbor. Tickets $20 at 734-761-1818 or theark.org.
Send your thoughts and comments to