» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: I Pevail, Movement, Bledfest, Claudettes and more...
The Southfield rock crew I Prevail celebrates its Top 20 sophomore album "Trauma" on Friday night, May 24, at the Fillmore Detroit, 2115 Woodward Ave. Issues and Justin Stone open. Doors at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $28.50-$58.50; 313-961-5451 or thefillmoredetroit.com.
• Florence + the Machine will be High As Hope as its latest tour comes to town at 7:30 p.m. Friday, May 24, at the DTE Energy Music Theatre, Sashabaw Road east of I-75, Independence Township. Blood Orange opens. Tickets $39.60 and up at 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• Chicago's live-wire Claudettes perform at 8 p.m. Friday, May 24, at 20 Front Street in Lake Orion. Sara Marie Barron opens. Tickets $18; 248-783-7105 or visit 20frontstreet.com.
• New York's funky Brass Against collective plays at 8:30 p.m. Friday, May 24, at the Parliament Room in Otus Supply, 545 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. Tickets $18 advance, $22 at the door. Call 248-291-6160 or visit otussupply.com.
• Los Angeles punk rockers the Distillers play with Starcrawler on Friday, May 24, at Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Doors at 7 p.m. Tickets $38-$52.50; 313-961-6358 or saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Performers from Detroit and Chicago offer a Latin Jazz Experience, complete with dance lessons, at 7:30 p.m. Friday, May 24, at the Cube in the Fisher Music Center, 3711 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets $15 and $49 at 313-576-5111 or dso.org.
• Architects (UK) top a bill with Thy Art is Murder and While She Sleeps on Friday, May 24, at the Majestic Theatre, 4140 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Doors at 7 p.m. $28 advance, $23 day of show; 313-833-9700 or majesticdetroit.com.
• Alice Cooper's guitarist Nita Strauss plays a show of her own on Friday, May 25, at the Token Lounge, 28949 Joy Road, Westland. Doors at 7 p.m.; $20 at 734-513-5030 or thetokenlounge.com.
• Detroit Sessions presents the Violin Concertos of Brahms at 7 p.m. Friday, May 24, at the Detroit Institute of Arts, 5200 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Free with museum admission. Call 313-833-7900 or visit dso.org.
• The annual Movement Electronic Music Festival brings electronic artists — including Orbital, GRiZ, Richie Hawtin, Danny Brown and the six-hour Circle of Live — and fans from all over the world to Detroit's Hart Plaza Saturday through Monday, May 25-27. Tickets are $99-$420, plus a full slate of afterparties. Visit movement.us.
• The daylong Bled Fest's 15th and final year has performances by more than 300 acts — including the Wonder Years, Camp Cope, Hawthorne Heights, Free Throw and more — starting at 11:30 a.m. Saturday, May 25, at the Hartland Performing Arts Center, 9525 Highland Road, Howell. Tickets $35 advance, $40 day of show, plus VIP packages. Visit bledfest.com.
• Eddie Money makes his annual Memorial Day weekend visit to the DTE Energy Music Theatre at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, May 25. Tickets $15 and up at 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• Michigan's Foster Records presents a showcase featuring Day Tripper, Swizzille Trip, Jeremiah Mack & the Shark Attack and Chi' Machines on Saturday, May 25, at the Loving Touch, 22634 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Doors at 7 p.m., tickets $10; 248-546-3696 or thelovingtouchferndale.com.
• LOLO and Garrison Starr bring their Tennessee Queens Tour 2019 to 20 Front Street in Lake Orion at 8 p.m. Saturday, May 25. Tickets $18; 248-783-7105 or visit 20frontstreet.com.
• The legendary (really) Tav Falco celebrates the 40th anniversary of his international collective Panther Burns with a rare live performance Saturday, May 25, at the UFO Factory, 2110 Trumbull St., Detroit. Amy Gore and Duende! are also on the bill. Doors at 8 p.m.; ufofactory.com.
• Canadian modern rock faves Sum 41 cross the border for a special show in the Shelter, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Assuming We Survive opens. Tickets are sold out. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• The Detroit Jazz Ambassadors, featuring saxophonists David McMurray and Alex Harding, guitarist A. Spencer Barefield and more, play a Garden Concert at 8 p.m. Saturday, May 25, as part of the Palmer Woods Music in Homes series. The location will be included with ticket purchase. Call 313-891-2514 or visit palmerwoods.org.
• Los Angeles indie rockers Local Natives perform with Middle Kids on Saturday, May 25, at the Majestic Theatre, Detroit. Doors at 7 p.m. Tickets $29.50 advance, $31 day of show. Call 313-833-9700 or visit majesticdetroit.com.
• Rapper Juice WRLD throws down for a sold-out night on Sunday, May 26, at the Masonic Temple Theatre, 500 Temple Ave., Detroit. Doors at 7 p.m. Ski Mask the Slum God and Lyrical Lemonade also perform. Call 313-832-7100 or visit themasonic.com.
• The Glenn Miller Orchestra gets you "In the Mood" at 3 p.m. Sunday, May 26, at Orchestra Hall, 3711 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets $59-$83 at 313-576-5111 or dso.org.
• Grammy Award winner India.Arie plays at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, May 26, at Sound Board in the MotorCity Casino Hotel, 2901 Grand River Ave., Detroit. Tickets $45-$65 at 866-782-9622 or soundboarddetroit.com.
• Britain's Basement spends part of the holiday weekend at Detroit's Majestic Theatre on Sunday, May 25. Nothing and Gouge Away are also on the bill. Doors at 6 p.m.; tickets $18 advance, $22 day of show. Visit majesticdetroit.com.
Send your thoughts and comments to