» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: The 1975, Maren Morris, My Brightest Diamond, Johnny Marr and more...
British rockers The 1975 get the outdoor concert season underway in earnest at 7 p.m. Saturday, May 11, at the Meadow Brook Amphitheatre on the campus of Oakland University, Rochester Hills. Pale Waves opens. Tickets are $29.50 and up at 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• A troupe of local regulars — including guitarists Kris Kurzawa and Brett Lucas — perform A Tribute to the Allman Brothers Band at 9:30 p.m. Friday, May 10, at the Parliament Room in Otus Supply, 345 E. Nine Mile Road. $15 advance, $20 at the door. 248-291-6160 or otussupply.com.
• Hellogoodbye brings its danceable modern pop to Ferndale on Friday for a show at the Loving Touch, 22634 Woodward Ave. Doors at 7 p.m.; $18 at 248-546-3696 or lovingtouchferndale.com.
• Country-flavored singer-songwriter Allie Aro performs at 8 p.m. Friday, May 10, at 20 Front Street in Lake Orion; $15 at 248-783-7105 or 20frontstreet.com.
• Hard rocking Falling In Reverse will bring the noise Friday, May 10, to Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St. Ice Nine Kills, From Ashes to Ashes and New Years Day are also on the bill; $47.50 at 313-961-6358 or saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Country singer-songwriter Granger Smith plays Friday, May 10, at the Fillmore Detroit, 2115 Woodward Ave. Doors at p.m. $9.95-$40. 313-961-5451 or thefilllmoredetroit.com.
• My Brightest Diamond plays a hometown show on Friday, May 10, at El Club, 4114 W. Vernor Hwy., Detroit. Doors at 8 p.m.; $17 advance, $20 day of show at elclubdetroit.com.
• The Joel Peterson Ensemble performs music from throughout the double bassist's repertoire at 7:30 p.m. Friday, May 10, in The Cube at the Fisher Music Center, 3711 Woodward Ave., Detroit; $10-$45 at 313-576-5111 or dso.org.
• The all-star Moshulu — featuring Dennis Chambers, Jeff Berlin, David Sancious and Oz Noy — plays Friday, May 10, at the Token Lounge, 28949 Joy Road. Doors open at 2 p.m.; $25 advance, $35 day of show at 734-513-5030 or thetokenlounge.com.
• Sonya Belaya presents "Songs and Stories My Mother Told Me" at 7 and 8:30 p.m. Friday, May 10, at the Detroit Institute of Arts, 5300 Woodward Ave. Free with museum admission; 313-833-7900 or dia.org.
• Nashville singer-songwriter Nora Jane Struthers comes north to play at 8 p.m. Friday, May 10, at The Ark, 316 S. Main St., Ann Arbor; $20 at 734-761-1451 or theark.org.
• Detroit's Civic Youth Ensembles offers a Family Experience concert at 1 p.m. Saturday, May 11, at Orchestra Hall, 3711 Woodward Ave., Detroit; $7-$20 at 313-576-5111 or dso.org.
• Singer-songwriters Rebecca Loebe and Trey Simon team up at 8 p.m. Saturday, May 11, at 20 Front Street; $18 at 248-783-7105 or 20frontstreet.com.
• Country-pop favorite Maren Morris and Raelynn play a sold-out show Saturday, May 11, at the Fillmore Detroit. Doors at 7 p.m. Call 313-961-5451 or visit thefillmoredetorit.com.
• Johnny Marr, guitarist for the Smiths and almost too many others to list, brings his own music to town Saturday, May 11, at Saint Andrew's Hall, Detroit. Doors at 7 p.m.; $33 at 313-961-6358 or saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Black Veil Brides' Andy Black supports his latest solo album on Saturday, May 11, at the Majestic Theatre, 4140 Woodward Ave., Detroit. The Faim and Kulick also perform. Doors at 6:30 p.m.; $23.50 advance, $28.50 day of show at 313-833-9700 or majesticdetroit.com.
• R&B songstress Keyshia Cole sings at 7 p.m. Saturday, May 11, at the Music Hall Center, 350 Madison Ave., Detroit; $64.50-$150 at 313-887-8500 or musichall.org.
• Listening room favorite Susan Werner, joined by Chris Smith and Trombone, visits at 8 p.m. Saturday, May 11, at The Ark in Ann Arbor; $25 at 734-761-1451 or theark.org.
• The Temptations Revue and the Ohio Players team up for a Mother's Day Soul Jam at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, May 12, at the Music Hall Center, Detroit; $55-$70 at 313-887-8500 or musichall.org.
• Bulletboys brings 80s and 90s style hard rock back on Sunday, May 12, at the Token Lounge, Westland. Doors at 8 p.m.; $15 at 734-513-5030 or thetokenlounge.com.
• Texas troubadour Sam Baker comes to Ann Arbor at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, May 12, for a show at The Ark; $20 at 734-761-1451 or theark.org.
Send your thoughts and comments to