» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: Greensky Bluegrass, Claude VonStroke, Dorothy, Trippie Redd and more...
Kalamazoo-formed Greensky Bluegrass picks 'n' grins, with Billy Strings opening, on Friday and Saturday, Feb. 8-9, at the Fillmore Detroit, 2115 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Doors at 7 p.m. Tickets $20-$49.50, limited two-day tickets $50. Call 313-961-5451 or visit thefillmoredetroit.com.
• Jan Krist and Jim Bizer, with Mark Reitenga opening, play the Friday Night Live series at 8 p.m. Feb. 8 at the Farmington Civic Theater, 33332 Grand River Ave. Tickets are $15; 248-474-1951 or theFCT.com.
• We just can't get enough of the Depeche Mode tribute band Music For the Masses, which plays Friday, Feb. 8, at the Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Doors at 8 p.m. $12. 248-544-3030 or themagicbag.com.
• Detroit-bred DJ Claude VonStroke comes home for a pair of shows Friday and Saturday, Feb. 8-9, at the Magic Stick, 4120 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Doors at 9:30 p.m. Friday tickets $35; Saturday is sold out. Call 313-833-9700 or visit majesticdetroit.com.
• Stay Golden, a throwback show celebrating hip-hop from the '80s and '90s, takes place at 9 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8, at Otus Supply, 345 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. Tickets $10 at 248-291-6160 or otussupply.com.
• Idaho troubadour Korby Lenker performs at 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8, with Kate Leithauser opening, at 20 Front Street in Lake Orion. Tickets $18 at 248-783-7105 or 20frontstreet.com.
• Chicago's Steepwater Band is back from a hiatus and plays at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Feb. 8-9, at Callahan's Music Hall, 2105 South Blvd., Auburn Hills. $15 and $20. 248-858-9508 or atcallahans.com.
• Discipline, Bill Grogan's Goat, the Band Mint and Duotron will blend genres from Celtic to prog to funk at 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8 at PJ's Lager House, 1254 Michigan Ave., Detroit. $10. 313-961-4668 or pjslagerhouse.com.
• Chicago DJ Duane Powell presents a Soundrotation Rearview Mirror Sessions show at 6 p.m Friday, Feb. 28, at the Detroit Institute of Arts, 5200 Woodward Ave. Free with museum admission. Call 313-833-7900 or visit dia.org.
• Electronic artist Shigeto brings the beats to The Cube in Detroit's Fisher Music Center, 3711 Woodward Ave., at 10 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8. Tickets $15-$49 at 313-576-5111 or dso.org.
• The New York duo Basstracks visits on Friday, Feb. 8, at El Club, 4114 W. Vernor Hwy., Detroit. Doors at 9 p.m., tickets $15-$75. Visit elclubdetroit.com.
• Back Forty warms up bluegrass fans for Greensky Bluegrass' second night at the Fillmore Detroit with a free 5 p.m. show Saturday, Feb. 9, at Otus Supply, Ferndale; 248-291-6160 or otussupply.com.
• Local favorites Audio Birds play at 8:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, at Otus Supply, Ferndale. Tickets $15 at 248-291-6160 or otussupply.com.
• Singer-songwriter Dan Navarro, with Matthew Michael & Christina, plays at 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9, at 20 Front Street in Lake Orion. $20. Call 248-783-7105 or visit 20frontstreet.com.
• Dorothy rocks hard with Autumn Kings and Spirit Animal on Saturday, Feb. 9 at Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Doors at 6:30 p.m., $25 and $35. Call 313-833-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Danny Runey, Jeff Scott and the Global Gypsies perform as part of Steve Taylor's Songwriter Sunday series at 6 p.m. Feb. 10 at Dixie Moon Saloon, 111 S. Main St. Royal Oak. Tickets $10; 248-850-7075 or dixiemoonsaloon.com.
• Amanda Fish, the older sister of blues-rock favorite Samantha Fish, performs at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 10, at Callahan's Music Hall, Auburn Hills. Tickets $15, 248-858-9508 or atcallahans.com.
• Singer-rapper Trippie Redd plays a sold-out Life's a Trip Tour show with Lil Keed, Lil Duke and Coi Leray Sunday, Feb. 10, at Saint Andrews Hall, Detroit. Doors at 7 p.m.; 313-833-6358 or saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Veteran singer-songwriter Kathy Mattea performs at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 10, at The Ark, 316. S. Main St., Ann Arbor. Tickets $35 at 734-761-1800 or theark.org.
Send your thoughts and comments to