» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: Greta Van Fleet, TSO, Billy Strings, Black Christmas and more...
Frankemuth's Grammy Award-nominated Greta Van Fleet and Ida Mae finish their three-show Fox Theatre run with sold-out concerts at 8 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 29-30. 2211 Woodward Ave., Detroit. 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• Tino G & Dumpster Machine will be joined by some famous friends — including John Sinclair, saxophonist David McMurray and Kid Rock keyboardist Jimmie Bones — for a concert and live video shoot on Friday, Dec. 28, at the Parliament Room in Otus Supply 345 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. Tickets $10 advance, $15 day of show. Call 248-291-6160 or visit otussupply.com.
• Local jazz veteran Joan Belgrave stars in a tribute to Dinah Washington at 7 and 8:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 28, at the Detroit Institute of Arts, 5200 Woodward Ave. Free with museum admission, 313-833-7900 or dia.org.
• Lotus, with El Ten Seven, jams on Friday, Dec. 28 at the Majestic Theatre, 4140 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Doors at 8 p.m. $25 advance, $27 day of show. 313-833-9700 or majesticdetroit.com.
• Michigan blues guitar hero Larry McCray performs Friday, Dec. 28, at the Token Lounge, 28949 Joy Road, Westland. Wayne Baker Brooks opens. Doors at 7 p.m. $20-$25. 734-513-5030 or thetokenlounge.com.
• Mick Gavin's Crossroads Celli brings Celtic sounds to the Ark, 316 S. Main St., Ann Arbor, at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Dec. 28-29. Tickets $20, 724-761-1818 or theark.org.
• Ionia-born bluegrass upstart Billy Strings settles in for a three-show run — 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 29-30, 8 p.m. Monday, Dec. 31 — at the Flagstar Strand Theatre, 12 N. Saginaw St., Pontiac. $29.50. Visit flagstarstrandtheatrepontiac.com.
• RockStar: The International 80s Rock Sensation brings the sounds and some of the sights of the MTV rock era to Ferndale on Saturday, Dec. 29, at the Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave. Doors at 8 p.m., tickets $10, 248-544-1991 or themagicbag.com.
• Hometown heroes the Suicide Machines and Gangster Fun reunite to join others at Black Christmas 2018 on Saturday, Dec. 29, at the Majestic complex, 4120-4140 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Doors at 6 p.m. Tickets $25 advance, $30 day of show, 313-833-9700 or visit themagicbag.com.
• Trans-Siberian Orchestra brings its usual extravaganza, again highlighting "The Ghosts of Christmas Eve," at 3 and 8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 29, at Little Caesars Arena, 2645 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets start at $48.25; 313-471-7000 or 313Presents.com.
• Detroit alt.rockers Every Avenue and Boys of Fall team up on Saturday, Dec. 29, at Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Doors at 7 p.m. Tickets $23 and $33, 313-961-6358 or saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• The veteran rock troupe Winger heads for another heartbreak on Saturday, Dec. 29, at the Token Lounge in Westland. Doors at 7 p.m. Tickets $25, 734-513-5030 or thetokenlounge.com.
• Guitarist Gregg Holsey and friends perform at 8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 29, at Aretha's Jazz Cafe in Music Hall Center, 350 Madison Ave., Detroit. Tickets $15, 313-887-8500 or musichall.org.
• A Spencer Barefield & Friends kick off the Palmer Woods Music in Homes concert series at 8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 29. Address is provided with ticket purchase. 313-891-2514 or palmerwoods.org.
• Brother Joscephus and the Love Revolution make a joyous noise at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 30, at the Ark in Ann Arbor. Tickets $20, 724-761-1818 or theark.org.
Send your thoughts and comments to