» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: Little Steven, A Perfect Circle, Temptations, REO Speedwagon and more...
Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band guitarist and "The Sopranos" star Little Steven Van Zandt brings his Disciples of Soul to town for the first time since 1983, 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9, at the Music Hall Center, 350 Madison Ave., Detroit. $29.50-$79.50 and free for teachers via teachrock.org/tour. Call 313-887-8500 or visit musichall.org.
• The Dave Matthews Band's Tim Reynolds brings his TR3 to town for an 8:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9, show at Otus Supply, 345 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. Tickets $20 advance, $30 at the door. Call 248-291-6160 or visit otussupply.com.
• Folky Favorites the Oh Hellos and Samantha Crain play Friday, Nov. 9, at the Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Doors at 8 p.m. Tickets $17. Call 248-544-1991 or visit themagicbag.com.
• Electronic artists Buku, Luzcid and Esseks take over Friday, Nov. 9, at the Crofoot Ballroom, 1 S. Saginaw St., Pontiac. Doors at 9 p.m. Tickets $10 advance, $17 at the door. Call 313-964-7625 or visit thecrofoot.com.
• Singer-songwriters Jess Nolan and Alicia Michilli perform at 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9, at 20 Front Street in Lake Orion. Tickets $18. Call 248-783-7105 or visit 20frontstreet.com.
• A Perfect Circle, featuring Maynard James Keenan of Tool and Pucifer, and Badflower bring the heavy to town 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9, at the Masonic Temple, 500 Temple St., Detroit. Tickets $45-$85. Call 313-638-2724 or visit TheMasonic.com.
• Thievery Corporation brings its World Music synthesis to town Friday, Nov. 9, at the Fillmore Detroit, 2115 Woodward Ave. Doors at 7:30 p.m. Tickets $30.50-$75.50. Call 313-961-5451 or visit thefillmoredetroit.com.
• Silverstein celebrates the 15th-anniversary of its "When Broken is Easily Fixed" album with a sold-out show on Friday, Nov. 9, at the Majestic Theatre, 4140 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Hawthorne Heights, As Cities Burn and Capstan open. Doors at 6 p.m. Call 313-833-9700 or majesticdetroit.com.
• Will Sessions + Amp Fiddler featuring Dames Brown and Waajeed join forces for a a double album release party at 9 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9, at El Club, 4114 W. Vernor Hwy., Detroit. Tickets $20 in advance, $22 at the door. Visit eclubdetroit.com.
• The rootsy North Carolina troupe Delta Rae plays at 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9, at the Ark, 316 S. Main St., Ann Arbor. Tickets $30. Call 734-761-1800 or visit theark.org.
• "Venus" and "Grease" hitmaker Frankie Avalon sings at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, at the Macomb Center, 44575 Garfield Road, Clinton Township. Tickets $50-$64. Call 586-286-2222 or visit macombcenter.com.
• Chicago blues rocker Toronzo Canon plays two shows — 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10 and 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11 — at Callahan's Music Hall, 2015 South Blvd., Auburn Hills. Tickets $25 and $30. Call 248-858-9508 or visit atcallahans.com.
• The Story So Far rocks on Saturday, Nov. 10, at the Emerald Theatre, 31 N. Walnut St., Mount Clemens. Turnover, Citizen and Movements are also on the bill. Doors at 6:30 p.m. Tickets $27.50. Call 586-630-0120 or visit theemeraldtheatre.com.
• Brooklyn's Animal Years comes to Otus Supply in Ferndale for a show at 8:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10. $10 advance, $12 at the door. Call 248-291-6160 or visit otussupply.com.
• Nashville singer-songwriter Matt Brown plays a Green Room Session at 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, at 20 Front Street in Lake Orion. $18. Call 248-783-7105 or 20frontstreet.com.
• Tash Sultana, a kind of Australian Ed Sheeran, plays Saturday, Nov. 10 at the Fillmore Detroit. Ocean Alley opens. Doors at 7 p.m. Tickets $39.50. Call 313-961-5451 or visit thefillmoredetroit.com.
• Joe Jaber and the Last Divide celebrates his new release, "Make It My Own," with a performance at 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, in the Lyft Lounge above Hockeytown Cafe, 2301 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Ty Stone and Jennifer Westwood & the Handsome Devils also play. Tickets $15. Proceeds got to You're Not the Only One, combating mental health and addiction issues in the metro are. Call 248-207-4751 or visit joejaberandthelastdivide.com.
• Detroit rockers Eva Under Fire celebrate the release of a new EP on Saturday, Nov. 10, at the Token Lounge, 28949 Joy Road, Westland. Doors at 7 p.m. Tickets $15. Call 734-513-5030 or visit thetokenlounge.com.
• The Canadian bluegrass quintet the Dead South plays a sold-out show Saturday, Nov. 10, at Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Hooten Hallers and Del Suelo open. Doors at 8:30. 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Memphis rocker Julien Baker plays Saturday, Nov. 11, at the Majestic Theatre, Detroit. Phoebe Bridges and Lucy Dacus open. Doors at 6:30 p.m. Tickets $25 advance, $29 day of show. Call 313-833-9700 or visit majesticdetroit.com.
• The Get Up Kids and Remember Sports bring some alt/rock spirit to the Magic Stick, 4120 Woodward Ave., Detroit, on Saturday night, Nov. 11. Doors at 7:30 p.m. Tickets $21 advance, $26 day of show. 313-833-9700 or majesticdetroit.com.
• Wales' irreverent Los Camposinos! comes across the pond to play Saturday, Nov. 10, at the Loving Touch, 22634 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Adult Mom open. Doors at 7 p.m. Tickets $20. 248-546-3696 or visit lovingtouchferndale.com.
• The Keller Williams Duo brings guitar magic to Ann Arbor at 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, at the Ark. Tickets $35. Call 734-761-1800 or visit theark.org.
• The Civic Youth Ensemble presents a Family Experience show at 1 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11, at Orchestra Hall, 3711 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets start at $15. Call 313-576-5111 or visit dso.org.
• The Temptations bring all their Motown hits back home at 8 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11 at Andiamo Celebrity Showroom, 7096 E. 14 Mile Road, Warren. Tickets $25-$75. Call 586-268-3200 or visit andiamoitalia.com.
• REO Speedwagon makes a make-up to Sound Board in the MotorCity Casino Hotel, 2901 Grand River Ave., Detroit, at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11. Tickets are sold out; Tickets for the original Jan. 28 date will be honored. Call 800-745-3000 or visit soundboarddetroit.com.
• The Simon Cowell-formed boy band Prettymuch rolls in for an early show on Sunday, Nov. 11, at Saint Andrews Hall, Detroit. Doors at 4:30 p.m. $39-$35. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Rising Appalachia and Be Steadwell bring a world of songs and stories to the stage at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11, at the Ark in Ann Arbor. Tickets $20. Call 734-761-1800 or visit theark.org.
Send your thoughts and comments to