» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: Rockin' the Shores, J.Cole, The The and more...
Detroit rockers Sponge host their annual Rockin' the Shores festival starting at 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22, with two stages of music, food trucks and a bourbon tasting on the street at Greater Mack Avenue just south of Nine Mile Road in Saint Clair Shores. Tickets start at $20. Visit bit.ly/2xoKV2z.
• Macomb County's own Eva Evola takes the stage at 8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21, in the Andiamo Celebrity Showroom, 7096 E. 14 Mile Road, Warren. Tickets are $25-$60. Call 586-268-3200 or visit andiamoitalia.com.
• The reunited The The, on its first North American tour in 18 years, plays a sold-out show Friday, Sept. 21 at the Royal Oak Music Theatre. Call 248-399-2980 or visit royaloakmusictheatre.com.
• J. Cole brings a hip-hop posse that includes Young Thug, Jaden Smith and more as his KOD Tour hits at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21, at Detroit's Little Caesars Arena. Tickets start at $49.50. Call 313-471-7000 or visit 313Presents.com.
• Massachusetts singer-songwriter Heather Maloney rolls into Lake Orion's 20 Front Street at 8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21. Tickets are $15. Call 248-783-7105 or visit 20frontstreet.com.
• British rock troupe the Struts previews the Oct. 26 release of its sophomore album "Young & Dangerous," with White Reaper and Spirit Animal, Friday night, Sept. 21, at Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Tickets are $$28 and $43. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Pianist Maria Meirelles plays the Prokofiev Piano Sonatas at 7 and 8:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21, at the Detroit Institute of Arts, 5200 Woodward Ave. The concerts are free with admission. Call 313-833-7900 or visit dia.org.
• The proudly quirky Jill Sobule plays at 8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21, at The Ark, 316 S. Main St., Ann Arbor. Tickets are $20. Call 734-761-1818 or visit theark.org.
• The Tony Bennett tribute show Tony By Tony plays at 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22, at the Royal Oak Public Library, 222 E. Eleven Mile Road. Admission is free. Call 248-246-3700 or visit ropl.org.
• Morris Day & the Time do "The Bird" on Saturday, Sept. 22, at the Flagstar Strand Theatre, 12 N. Saginaw St., Pontiac. Keith Bubby Webb also performs. Doors open at 6:45 p.m. Tickets are $30-$35. Call 248-309-6448 or visit flagstarstrand.com.
• Local favorites Critical Bill and Hush team up for a show on Saturday, Sept. 22, at the Emerald Theatre, 31 N. Walnut St., Mount Clemens. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10-$50. Call 586-630-0120 or visit themeraldtheatre.com.
• Singer-songwriter John D. Lamb celebrates the release of his new CD, "A Movie Night," at 8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22 at MAMA's Coffeehouse in the Birmingham Unitarian Church, 38651 Woodward Ave., Bloomfield Hills. Tickets are $13 and $15. Visit bucmi.org/mamas-coffeehouse
• Nashville singer-songwriter Matthew Perryman Jones celebrates the release of his latest album with a show at 8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22, at 20 Front Street in Lake Orion. Molly Parden opens. Call 248-783-7105 or visit 20frontstreet.com.
• The Planet D Nonet drops into Oakland County to bring some jazz to the Parliament Room in Otus Supply at 8:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22. Tickets are $10 advance, $15 at the door. Call 248-291-6160 or visit otussupply.com.
• Detroit flute favorite Alexander Zonjic presents a Zonjic Meets Motown benefit concert at 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22, on the Southfield Pavilion, 26000 Evergreen Road. Tickets are $50 and include dinner, with proceeds benefitting survivors of human trafficking via Sanctum House. Visit sanctumhouse.org.
• Indie singer-songwriter Ben Rector and the Band Camino play Saturday, Sept. 22 at Saint Andrews Hall, Detroit. Tickets are $35-$50. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Blues Traveler frontman John Popper plays a solo show, with Katrina Woolverton opening, at 8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22 at The Ark in Ann Arbor.Tickets are $45. Call 734-761-1818 or visit theark.org.
• Caleb Marshall, aka The Fitness Marshall, works everyone out with a "cardio concert" at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 23 at Saint Andrews Hall, Detroit. Tickets start at $32. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• The Taj Mahal Trio performs at 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 23, at The Ark in Ann Arbor. Tickets are $75-$500. Call 734-761-1818 or visit theark.org.
Send your thoughts and comments to