» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: LSD Tour, Rascal Flatts, Salt-N-Pepa, festivals and more...
An Americana dream team of Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle and Dwight Yoakam join forces for the LSD Tour, tripping off at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 17, at the Meadow Brook Amphitheatre on the campus of Oakland University in Rochester Hills. Tickets start at $35. Call 313-471-7000 or visit 313Presents.com.
• Salt-N-Pepa headlines a throwback hip-hop bill that also includes Montell Jordan, Tone Loc, Young MC and more for the 105.1 The Bounce Second Annual Birthday Bash, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 17 at the DTE Energy Music Theatre, Sashabaw Road east of I-75, Independence Township. Tickets start at $25. Call 313-471-7000 or visit 313Presents.com.
• Toad the Wet Sprocket performs Friday, Aug. 17, at the Royal Oak Music Theatre, 318 W. Fourth St. Doors open at 7 p.m. The Gaslamp Killer, Gangsta Boo, Nick Hook and Cuz are also on the bill. Tickets are $39.50-$65. Call 248-399-2980 or visit royaloakmusictheatre.com.
• Detroit rapper Tee Grizzley headlines the sixth anniversary party for the Coalition DJs Detroit on Friday, Aug. 17, at Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets are $20. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• The inaugural Motor City Muscle festival takes over downtown Detroit between Campus Martius Park and Hart Plaza Friday through Sunday, Jan. 17-19, with more than 120 performances on seven stages — including Go-Go's singer Belinda Carlisle, ex-Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley, Fishbone, Molly Hatchett, Death and more — a car show and other events. Admission is free, with VIP packages available. Visit motorcitymuscle.us for the rundown.
• Brooklyn's Red Baraat will come ready to party at 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 17, when it plays The Cube in the Fisher Music Center, 3711 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets are $15-$49. Call 313-576-5111 or visit dso.org.
• War concludes this year's Rockin' on the Riverfront series at 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 13, behind the GM Renaissance Center in downtown Detroit. Admission is free. Visit gmrencen.com/rockinontheriverfront/.
• Hip-hop up-and-comer Jeremih, joined by Teyana Taylor and DaniLeigh, plays Friday, Aug. 17, at the Majestic Theatre, 4140 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $35 advance, $40 day of show. Call 313-833-9700 or visit majesticdetroit.com.
• The Ann Arbor Blues Festival is back, celebrating its 49th anniversary with three days of music — including Shemekia Copeland, Ana Popovic, Larry McCray and John Sinclair & the Blues Scholars with Wayne Kramer and Don Was — Friday and Saturday, July 17-18, at the Washtenaw Farm Council Fairgrounds, 5055 Ann Arbor-Saline Road, and Sunday, Aug. 19, at the Blind Pig, 208 1st St. Tickets are $15-$290. Visit a2bluesfestival.com for all the details.
• After playing the Meadow Brook Amphitheatre with Stephen Stills, Judy Collins returns for a sold-out solo show on Friday, Aug. 17, at the Ark, 316 S. Main St., Ann Arbor. Call 734-761-1818 or visit theark.org.
• The chart-topping country trio Rascal Flatts, along with Dan + Shay and Carly Pearce, perform at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18, at the DTE Energy Music Theatre, Independence Township. Tickets start at $29.50. Call 313-471-7000 or visit 313Presents.com.
• Texas singer-songwriter Kristen Kelly plays at 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18 at 20 Front Street in Lake Orion. Tickets are $18. Call 248-783-7105 or visit 20frontstreet.com.
• Earth, Wind & Fire and Sheila E. play at 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 8, at Chene Park Amphitheatre, 2600 E. Atwater, Detroit. Tickets are $65. Call 800-745-3000 or visit cheneparkdetroit.com.
• Award-winning Detroit singer-songwriter Emily Rose celebrates the release of her new album "Wake Up Brave" with a concert at 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18, at Ant Hall, 2320 Caniff St., Hamtramck. Scott Fab and Carmel Liburdi will also perform. Tickets are $8.50 advance, $10 at the door. Visit planetant.com.
• Brohug presides over a night of EDM — which also includes Food Fight, Young & Nerdy, Treblmakr and more — Saturday, Aug. 18, in the Magic Stick and on the Alley Deck at the Majestic Complex. Doors open at 9:30 p.m. Tickets are $15. Call 313-833-9700 or visit majesticdetroit.com.
• The World Music quartet Delhi 2 Dublin brings its Indian-Celtic blend at 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18, at the Ark in Ann Arbor. Tickets are $17.50. Call 734-761-1818 or visit theark.org.
• The Maryland duo Beach House plays Sunday, Aug. 19 at the Royal Oak Music Theatre. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $32-$55. Call 248-399-2980 or visit royaloakmusictheatre.com.
• Members of the Trey Anastasio Band and Nth Power will be part of Shaun Martin's Go Go Party at 8 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 19, at Otus Supply, 345 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. Doors open at 9 p.m. Tickets are $17 in advance, $20 day of show. Call 248-291-6160 or visit otussupply.com.
• The Mighty Mighty Bosstones and Buster Shuffle bring a night of brassy ska to town on Sunday, Aug. 19, at Saint Andrews Hall in Detroit. Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets are $28. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Michigan folk veteran Neil Woodward holds forth at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 19, at the Ark in Ann Arbor. Tickets are $15. Call 734-761-1818 or visit theark.org.
Send your thoughts and comments to