» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: Journey/Def Leppard, Zac Brown Band, Concert of Colors, Motown and more...
Detroit’s Comerica Park morphs from Field of Dreams to rock ’n’ roll (and country) fantasy with back-to-back shows this weekend. Journey, Def Leppard and Pretenders play at 6 p.m. Friday, July 13, while the Zac Brown Band, OneRepublic and Nahko and Medicine For The People take over at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 14. Tickets start at $39.50. Call 313-471-7000 or visit 313Presents.com.
• The multicultural Concert of Colors enters its 26th year with five days of free events through Sunday, July 15, in Detroit’s Cultural Center area, including performances by Buffy Sainte-Marie, the James Carter Organ Trio, the annual Don Was All-Star Revue, puppets, poetry, dance and more. Details are at concertofcolors.com.
• There will be plenty of music -- including the Electric Six, Laith Al-Saadi, Pokey LaFarge, Robert Bradley and more at the
Metro Times’ Pig & Whiskey festival, Friday-Sunday, July 13-15 in Ferndale along with afterparties at the nearby Loving Touch. Visit pigandwhiskeyferndale.com for the full menu of events.
• It’ll be just (but not quite) like Buddy Holly when Weezer, the Pixies and the Wombats team up for a show at 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 13, at the DTE Energy Music Theatre, Sashabaw Road east of I-75, Independence Township. Tickets start at $25. Call 313-471-7000 or visit 313Presents.com.
• Musicians from both in and out of town take part in Before The Flood: Bob Dylan Tribute at 9 p.m. Friday, July 13 in the Parliament Room at Otus Supply, 345 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. Cover is $5. Call 248-291-6160 or visit otussuply.com.
• The Detroit rap duo Slum Village resurfaces for a show Friday night, July 13, at Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Phat Kat, Guilty Simpson and others will also perform. Tickets are $10. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil opens this year’s 13th annual Rockin’ on the Riverfront series at 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 13, behind the GM Renaissance Center in downtown Detroit. Admission is free. Visit gmrencen.com/rockinontheriverfront.
• Veteran German experimental rockers faUSt are joined by Chatoyant and Prognosis Negative at 8 p.m. Friday, July 13, at El Club, 4114 W. Vernor Hwy., Detroit. Tickets are $17 advance, $20 day of show. Visit elclubdetroit.com.
• Genre-blending singer-songwriter Haley Heynderickx performs at 8 p.m. Friday, July 13, at the Ark, 316 S. Main St., Ann Arbor. Tickets are $15. Call 734-761-1800 or visit theark.org.
• The Disburb’N The Peace Fest, including performances by Eye Candy, Detroit Voodoo, Bloomfield Hills singer Liz Ivory and more, takes place Friday and Saturday, July 13-14, at the Hot Rocks Sports Bar & Music Cafe, 24300 Hoover Road, Warren. Doors open at 6 p.m. and tickets are $12 advance, $15 at the door each day. Call 810-756-6140 or visit theritzvenue.com.
• Barenaked Ladies brings its latest Last Summer on Earth Tour, with Better Than Ezra and KT Tunstall, to the DTE Energy Music Theatre at 7 p.m. Saturday, July 14 at the DTE Energy Music Theatre. Tickets start at $25. Call 313-471-7000 or visit 313Presents.com.
• Blues-rock guitar heroes Walter Trout, Gary Hoey and Lance Lopez duel at 8 p.m. Saturday, July 15 at Wildwood Amphitheater in Lake Orion. Tickets are $45 and $35. Call 248-858-9508 or visit atcallahans.com.
• The Legends of Motown features the Temptations, the Four Tops and the Stylistics at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, July 14, in the Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill, 14900 Metropolitan Pkwy., Sterling Heights. Tickets start at $20.50. Call 313-471-7000 or visit 313Presents.com.
• DJs Mikey, Zumby and Gnyp host Ceremony: A New Wave Dance Party, playing vintage tracks from the ’70s and ’80s on Saturday, July 14, at the Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Doors open at 9 p.m. Tickets are $5. Call 248-544-1991 or visit themagicbag.com.
• Panic! At The Disco, joined by ARIZONA and Hayley Kiyoko play at 7 p.m. Saturday, July 14, at Little Caesars Arena, 2645 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets start at $29.75. Call 313-471-7000 or visit 313Presents.com.
• Patti LaBelle and Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds play a night of sweet soul music at 8 p.m. Saturday, July 14, at the Chene Park Amphitheatre, 2600 E. Atwater, Detroit. Tickets are $79 and $69 pavilion, $44 lawn. Call 800-745-3000 or visit cheneparkdetroit.com.
• Detroit-born singer Phillip Michael Scales celebrates the release of a new EP at 7 p.m. Saturday, July 14, at DIME, 1265 Griswold St., Detroit. Sara Barron, DRMR, BLVR and Mutts also perform. Tickets are $8 advance, $10 at the door. Call 313-222-1600 or visit dime-detroit.com.
• Texas gunslinger Junior Brown brings his custom guitar and rowdy good times to The Ark in Ann Arbor at 8 p.m. Saturday, July 14. Tickets are $25. Call 734-761-1800 or visit theark.org.
• It’ll feel like the first time yet again when Foreigner, Whitesnake and Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin evening play at 7 p.m. Sunday, July 15, at the DTE Energy Music Theatre. Tickets start at $20. Call 313-471-7000 or visit 313Presents.com.
• The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Rivals, A War Within and Young Pioneer play a night of modern rock on Sunday, July 15, at the Shelter, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Tickets are $20. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Zac Clark steps out of Andrew McMahon & the Wilderness to play his own show at 7 p.m. Sunday, July 15, at El Club. Bob Oxblood opens. Tickets are $12 advance, $14 day of show. Visit elclubdetroit.com.
• Politically outspoken hard rocker OTEP headbangs Sunday, July 15, at the Diesel Concert Lounge, 33151 23 Mile Road, Chesterfield. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 advance, $22.04 day of show. Call 586-933-3503 or visit dieselconcerts.com.
• Mary Chapin Carpenter plays a sold-out show on Sunday, July 15, at the Ark in Ann Arbor. John Craigie opens. Call 734-761-1800 or visit theark.org.
Send your thoughts and comments to