» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: Outlaw Music Festival, Sam Smith, Keith Urban, Jill Scott and more...
Willie Nelson’s genre-blending Outlaw Music Festival heads outdoors this year, when he, Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats, The Head and the Heart and Old Crow Medicine Show play starting at 4:30 p.m. Sunday, June 24, at the DTE Energy Music Theatre, Sashabaw Road east of I-75, Independence Township. Tickets start at $29.50. Call 313-471-7000 or visit 313Presents.com.
• Keith Urban and Kelsea Ballerini tread the country-pop divide at 7:30 p.m. Friday, June 22, at the DTE Energy Music Theatre, Independence Township. Tickets start at $34. Call 313-471-7000 or visit 313Presents.com.
• Power pop favorites the Posies celebrate the 25th anniversary of its “Frosting On The Beater” with that album’s original lineup on Friday, June 22, at the Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Terra Lightfoot opens. Doors at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20. Call 248-544-1991 or visit the magicbag.com.
• Ferndale gets jazzy with Big Fun: Miles Davis Tribute at 8:30 p.m. Friday, June 22 in the Parliament Room at Otus Supply, 545 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. Tickets are $25 advance, $30 at the door. Call 248-291-6160 or visit otussupply.com.
• Grammy Award-winning British pop sensation Sam Smith, along with CAM, croons at 8 p.m. Friday, June 22, at Little Caesars Arena in downtown Detroit. Tickets start at $35. Call 313-471-7000 or visit 313Presents.com.
• The Detroit Symphony Orchestra returns to the neighborhoods again to play Brahms, Dvorak and Blacher at 8 p.m. Friday, June 22 at the Macomb Center in Clinton Township and 3 p.m. Sunday, June 24 at the Seligman Center on the Detroit Country Day School campus in Beverly Hills. Tickets are $25. Call 313-576-5111 or visit dso.org.
• Florida rapper Pouya drops in with Wifisfuneral and Shakewell in town on Friday, June 22, at Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Tickets are $28. Call 313-961-8961 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• The Great Lakes Chamber Music Festival closes with four performances this weekend, including 7 and 8:30 p.m. concerts on Friday, June 23, at the Detroit Institute of Arts and 8 p.m. Saturday, June 24 at the Seligman Performing Arts Center on the Detroit Country Day School campus in Beverly Hills. There will also be shows at 8 p.m. Friday and 2 p.m. Sunday, June 25, at the Kerrytown Concert House in Ann Arbor. Call 248-559-2097 or visit greatlakeschambermusic.org.
• Ry Cooder and the Hamiltones play at 7:30 p.m. Friday, June 22, at the Michigan Theater, 603 E. Liberty St., Ann Arbor. Tickets are $29.50-$75. Call 734-668-8397 or visit www.michtheater.org.
• The Front Porch offers a second annual day of music in Ferndale, with more than 50 acts playing on nearly 30 porches, stoops and walkways for a free and family-friendly six hours (noon-6 p.m.) on the city’s streets. Visit thefrontporchmi.com for all the details. -- Go & Do staff
• Detroit rock icon Mitch Ryder plays his hits at 8 p.m. Saturday, June 23, at Andiamo Celebrity Showroom, 7096 E. Fourteen Mile Road, Warren. Tickets are $25-$49. Call 586-268-0200 or visit andiamoitalia.com.
• JD Wilkes & the Legendary Shack Shakers will be unplugged but still rowdy at 8 p.m. Saturday, June 23, at the Parliament Room in Otus Supply, Ferndale. Chuck Mead opens. Tickets are $18 advance, $20 at the door. Call 248-291-6160 or visit otussupply.com.
• Erykah Badu and Nas team up for a show at 8 p.m. Saturday, June 23 at Detroit’s Chene Park Amphitheatre, Chene and Atwater streets. Tickets are $56-$100. Call 800-745-3000 or visit cheneparkdetroit.com.
• Led Zeppelin 2 brings a whole lotta love for the iconic British band’s music to town on Saturday, June 23, at Saint Andrews Hall, Detroit. Doors open at 9 p.m. Tickets are $10 and $20. Call 313-961-8961 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Matthew Sweet gets intimate at 8 p.m. Saturday at the Ark, 316 S. Main St., Ann Arbor. Tickets are $30. Call 734-761-1451 or visit www.theark.org.
• R&B songstress Jill Scott and her Live In The Moment Tour play at 8 p.m. Sunday, June 24, at the Fox Theatre, 2211 Woodward Ave., through Sunday, Dec. 24. Tickets start at $49.75. Call 313-471-6611 or visit 313Presents.com.
• Karen Clark Sheard, Marvin L. Winans and more will be part of Thank You Detroit! Gospel Extravaganza at 7 p.m. Sunday, June 24, in Orchestra Hall, 3711 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets are free and available at God’s World Superstore in Detroit. Call 313-576-5111 or visit dso.org.
• Singer-songwriter Michael McDermott stops at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, June 24, at the Ark, Ann Arbor. Tickets are $15. Call 734-761-1451 or visit www.theark.org.
Send your thoughts and comments to