» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: Slayer, Eddie Money, John Waite, Kool Moe Dee and more...
Thrash metal titans Slayer headbang for what they say will be one last time, joined by Lamb Of God, Anthrax, Behemoth and Testament at 5 p.m. Sunday, May 27, in the Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill, 14900 Metropolitan Pkwy., Sterling Heights. Tickets are $49.50-$79.50 pavilion, $29.50 lawn. Call 313-471-7000 or visit 313Presents.com.
• Eddie Money, along with son Dez Money & the Faze and Tripper, plays his annual Memorial Day weekend Friday (May 25) show at 7:30 p.m. at the DTE Energy Music Theatre, Sashabaw Road east of I-75, Independence Township. Tickets are $34.50 pavilion, $10 lawn. Call 313-471-7000 or visit 313Presents.com.
• Marc Cohn, Rusted Root’s Michael Glabicki, and more perform at the second Ethan & Gretchen Davidson Music Festival, running through Sunday, May 27, at the Berman Theatre, 6600 W. Maple Road, West Bloomfield. Tickets vary per show. Call 248-661-1900 or visit theberman.org/musicfest for details.
• The Grand Rapids fusion group Desmond Jones and Strange Majik play at 8 p.m. Friday, May 25, at Otus Supply, 345 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 at the door. Call 248-291-6160 or visit otussupply.com.
• The Art Ensemble of Chicago, Martin Rev and Universal Eyes — a combination of Detroit’s Universal Indians and Wolf Eyes — are among the highlights for this year’s 3rd Annual Trip Metal Fest, 5 p.m. Friday, May 25, at El Club, 4114 Vernor Hwy., Detroit. A $20 donation is suggested at the door. Visit elclubdetroit.com.
• Headbangers Emmure, Varials, Losers, As We Divide and Ascendence team up for a heavy night on Friday, May 25, at Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets are $18 advance, $22 day of show. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Frankenmuth’s favorite sons, Greta Van Fleet, plays the last of its three sold-out shows at the Fillmore Detroit, 2115 Woodward Ave., on Friday, May 25. Doors open at 7 p.m. Call 313-961-5451 or visit thefillmoredetroit.com.
• A trio of local favorites — the Dirk Kroll Band, Carolyn Striho and Chris Canas — join forces for a show on Friday, May 25, at PJ’s Lager House, 1254 Michigan Ave., Detroit. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $10. Call 313-961-4668 or visit pjslagerhouse.com.
• Indie rockers the Decemberists, with Eleanor Friedberger, play at 8 p.m. Friday, May 25, at Hill Auditorium on the U-M campus in Ann Arbor. Tickets are $35-55. Call 734-761-1818 or visit theark.org.
• Uuh Yeah Dude: The Podcast Live drops into Ferndale on Saturday, May 26, at the Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $28. Call 248-544-1991 or visit the magicbag.com.
• Monsieur Guilluame & His Zydeco Hepcats bring a Cajun-flavored party to Otus Supply in Ferndale at 8 p.m. Saturday, May 26. Tickets are $5. Call 248-291-6160 or visit otussupply.com.
• A full day’s worth of up-and-coming local musicians will populate Bled Fest 2018, on Saturday, May 26, at the Hartland Performing Arts Center, 9525 Highland Road, Howell. Doors open at 11 a.m. Tickets are $35-$95. Call 810-626-2150 or visit thecrofoot.com.
• Old School is in the house when Hip Hop Smackdown 5! — with Kool Moe Dee, EPMD, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Erick B. & Rakim and more — plays Saturday, May 26, at the Fox Theatre 2211 Woodward Ave. Tickets are $37.50-$125. Call 313-471-6611 or visit 313Presents.com.
• Orquesta La Inspiracion opens Detroit’s Palmer Woods Music In Homes concert series at 8 p.m. Saturday, May 26; the address will be provided with ticket purchases. Call 313-891-2514 or visit palmerwoods.org or details.
• We Do This!! and the Underground Vinyl Record Shop have curated two nights of hip-hop — with Kris Wadswroth, DJ Head, Big Joe Hix and more — at 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, May 26-27, at PJ’s Lager House in Detroit. Tickets are $5 per night. Call 313-961-4668 or visit pjslagerhouse.com.
• John Waite of the Babys and “Missing You” fame performs Sunday, May 27, at the Magic Bag in Ferndale. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $28. Call 248-544-1991 or visit the magicbag.com.
Send your thoughts and comments to