» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
The Clairvoyants at Sound Board, 3 Things To Know
Be careful what you think around the Clairvoyants. They may just be able to “hear” you.
The Austrian duo of Thommy Ten and Amelie van Tass have been a clairvoyant tag team since 2011 and came to fame during Season 11 of “America’s Got Talent.” They’ve used that notoriety to create an “interactive” show that introduces audiences to their particular gift and entertains as much as it disarms.
But they often know what you’re thinking, so if you’re within their radar range, be forewarned...
• Ten says by phone that he and van Tass, who are both 30, try to do “a lot with the audience” during their shows. “We invite people on stage or we’re in the audience so everyone can feel it, more or less, live. We always try to involve all the people, where everybody stands up and thinks about something and we use that so everyone can feel involved. We have a wonderful time.”
• Ten and van Tass met seven years but, being clairvoyant, instantly “figured out we already knew each other since the day we were born.” They quickly came up with the idea of performing together. “We want to make people see something from a different side, in a different way than they might otherwise,” Ten explains. “There’s a great fascination in what we do.”
• And the duo has plenty of fun countering any skeptics they might encounter. “People are always trying to challenge us, and that’s great,” Ten says. “We always try to challenge each other, too. But, y’know, they’re buying a ticket because they want to see it. They know us from TV, or YouTube, and they want to be part of it. Of course there’s always some people trying to figure out how it’s done, but normally after a couple of minutes they just relax and enjoy it.”
If You Go:
• The Clairvoyants
• 8 p.m. Thursday, May 3
• Sound Board in the MotorCity Casino Hotel, 2901 Grand River Ave., Detroit.
• Tickets are $32-$45.
• Call 313-237-7711 or visit soundboarddetroit.com.
Send your thoughts and comments to