» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: Tiles, George Ezra, the Mavericks, Rain and more...
Detroit prog-rock troupe Tiles celebrates its 25th anniversary in its last show with retiring frontman Paul Rarick, and records a live album Saturday, April 27, at the Loving Touch, 22634 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Doors open at 8 p.m. Matthew Parmenter also will perform. Tickets are $15. Call 248-820-5596 or visit thelovingtouchferndale.com.
• Michigan-formed Lord Huron celebrates its new album, “Vide Noir,” on Friday, April 27, at the Royal Oak Music Theatre, 318 W. Fourth St. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets $33 in advance, $38.50 at the door, $58.50 reserved. Call 248-399-2980 or visit royaloakmusictheatre.com.
• Local music heroes Brett Lucas and Kris Kurzawa present The Music of the Allman Brothers at 8:30 p.m. Friday, April 27, in the Parliament Room at Otus Supply, 545 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the door. Call 248-291-6160 or visit otussupply.com.
• The Fresh Prince’s prince, Jaden Smith, brings his Vision Tour to town Friday, April 27, at Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets are $49.99. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• British hitmaker George Ezra sings on Saturday, April 28, at the Royal Oak Music Theatre. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $27.50-$45. Call 248-399-2980 or visit royaloakmusictheatre.com.
• The veteran duo America sings its hits at 8 p.m. Saturday, April 27, at Andiamo Celebrity Showroom, 7096 E. 14 Mile Road, Warren. Tickets are $25-$99. Call 586-268-3200 or visit andiamoitalia.com.
• X Ambassadors and Jacob Banks perform Saturday, April 28, at the Fillmore Detroit, 2115 Woodward Ave. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $25-$45. Call 313-961-5451 or visit thefillmoredetroit.com.
• British signer and rapper King Krule comes to Detroit’s Saint Andrews Hall on Saturday, April 28 (doors open at 8 p.m.); tickets are $25 advance, $30 day of show. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Comic singer-songwriter Heywood Banks brings his good humor back to Michigan at 8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, at the Ark, 316 S. Main St. Tickets are $25. Call 734-761-1818 or visit theark.org.
• The Mavericks make up their postponed September show on Sunday, April 29, at the Royal Oak Music Theatre. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $35 in advance, $40 day of show and $65 reserved. Original tickets will be honored. Call 248-399-2980 or visit royaloakmusictheatre.com.
• Rain: A Tribute To The Beatles celebrates the 50th (actually 51st) anniversary of the “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” album at 7 p.m. Sunday, April 29 at the Fox Theatre, 2211 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets are $30-$70. Call 313-471-6611 or visit 313Presents.com.
• Milwaukee indie rockers Vinyl Theatre join The Timbre of Cedar for a show Sunday, April 29, at the Shelter, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Tickets are $15. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• The Eason Trio with harpist Patricia Terry-Ross will play the Palmer Woods In Homes series at 7 p.m. Sunday, April 29. The private home’s address will be provided to ticket purchasers. Call 313-891-2514 or visit palmerwoods.org.
• Songwriting legend Jimmy Webb performs his myriad hits at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, April 29, at The Ark in Ann Arbor. Tickets are $26-$46. Call 734-761-1818 or visit theark.org.
Send your thoughts and comments to