» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: Noel Gallagher, Greensky Bluegrass, Starset, Winter Jam and more...
Former Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher and his High Flying Birds — featuring members of Detroit’s Motor City Horns — opens its North American tour Friday, Feb. 9, at the Masonic Temple, 500 Temple St. Tickets are $35-$75. Call 313-832-7100 or visit themasonic.com.
• Ferndale’s Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., is in tribute mode this weekend, with Re-Cure playing music of the Cure on Friday, Feb. 9. Tickets are $12. Panama follows on Saturday, Feb. 10, paying homage to Van Halen, with the Beggars opening. Tickets are $15. Doors open at 8 p.m. both nights. Call 248-544-1991 or visit themagicbag.com.
• It’ll be a fiddling frenzy when Natalie MacMaster and Donnell Lehay play “Visions From Cape Breton and Beyond” at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9, at the Macomb Center,44575 Garfield Road, Clinton Township. Tickets are $43-$58. Call 586-286-2141 or visit macombcenter.com.
• The all-star Mighty Funhouse struts its stuff at 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9 in the Parliament Room at Otus Supply, 345 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 at the door. Call 248-291-6160 or visit otussupply.com.
• Greensky Bluegrass drops in Friday and Saturday, Feb. 9-10, at the Fillmore Detroit, 2115 Woodward Ave. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $29.50-$50. Call 313-961-5451 or visit thefillmoredetroit.com.
• Starset brings its Immersion: Part 1 show, with Grabbitz and Year of the Locust, to town Friday, Feb. 9, at Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Tickets are $20-$42. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Detroit’s Civic Jazz Orchestra, directed by Marcus Elliott, performs at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9, in The Cube at the Fisher Music Center, 3711 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets are $15 or free with a Paradise Jazz Series ticket. Call 313-576-5111 or visit dso.org.
• Composer and conductor Miguel Atwood-Ferguson and Rebirth play The Music of J Dilla at 7 and 8:30 p.m. as part of Friday Night Live! on Feb. 9 at the Detroit Institute of Arts, 5200 Woodward Ave., Detroit. The show is free with admission. Call 313-833-7900 or visit dso.org.
• R&B singer Anthony David performs at 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9, at the Jazz Cafe inside the Music Hall Center, 350 Madison Ave., Detroit. Tickets are $25-$30. Call 313-887-8500 or visit musichall.org.
• Pianist Jason Moran plays Thelonious Monk at 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9, at Orchestra Hall, 3711 Woodward Ave, Detroit. Tickets are $19-$99. Call 313-576-5111 or visit dso.org for full series information.
• The electronic music troupe Ganja White Night performs Saturday, Feb. 10 at the Royal Oak Music Theatre, 318 W. Fourth St. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25-$40. Call 248-399-2980 or visit royaloakmusictheatre.com.
• Longtime Detroit performance artist Satori Circus’ “These Are My Friends” show — with the Theatre Bizarre Orchestra and other guests — will be filmed for a documentary on Saturday, Feb. 10, at the Crofoot Ballroom, 1 S. Saginaw St., Pontiac. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 day of show. Call 313-964-7625 or visit thecrofoot.com.
• Stone Sour and Halestorm rock at 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 11, at the EMU Convocation Center, 799 N. Hewitt Road, Ypsilanti. Call 734-487-2282 or visit emutix.com.
• They Might Be Giants brings its usual brand of irreverence to Saint Andrews Hall on Saturday, Feb. 10. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $26 in advance, $30 days of show. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Cecelia Sharpe and the Urban Stringz II Youth Ensemble play the music of J Dilla at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10, at the Detroit Institute of Arts, 5200 Woodward Ave., Detroit. The show is free with admission. Call 313-833-7900 or visit dia.org.
• The National Arab Orchestra performs an On The Shoulders of Giants: Arab Women in Music concert at 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10, at Music Hall Center, 350 Madison Ave., Detroit. Tickets are $25-and 20. Call 313-887-8500 or visit musichall.org.
• Skillet, Kari Jobe, Building 429 and more are part of this year’s Winter Jam Tour, playing 6p.m. Sunday, Feb. 11, at Little Caesars Arena, 2645 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets are $15 general admission at the door. Call 313-471-7000 or visit 313Presents.com
• 3 Doors Down plays an acoustic Back Porch Jam show at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 11, at Sound Board in the MotorCity Casino Hotel, 2901 Grand River Ave., Detroit. Tickets are $42-$55. Call 800-745-3000 or visit soundboarddetroit.com.
• Robert Bradley celebrates his birthday with a show on Sunday, Feb. 11, at PJ’s Lager House, 1254 Michigan Ave., Detroit. The Allen Dennard Jazz Quintet also performs. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10. Call 313-961-4668 or visit pjslagerhouse.com.
• Canada’s Big Wreck celebrates the 20th anniversary of its “In Loving Memory Of” album on Sunday, Feb. 11 at Saint Andrews Hall. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 day of show. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
Send your thoughts and comments to