» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: GRiZ, the Chainsmokers, Karen Newman, 98 Degrees and more
Detroit’s genre-blending electronic music stalwart GRiZ ends his 12 Days of GRiZmas celebration in two shows — with a live band on Friday, Dec. 15, and a DJ performance Saturday, Dec. 16 — at the Masonic Temple, 500 Temple Ave., Detroit. Doors open at 8 p.m. both nights. Tickets are $39.50 in advance, $45 day of show with a $79 two-day pass. Call 313-638-2724 or visit themasonic.com.
• Pianist George Winston plays a solo show benefitting Gleaners Food Bank at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 16 at the Flagstar Strand Theatre, 12 N. Saginaw St., Pontiac. Tickets are $25-$55. Call 248-309-6445 or visit flagstarstrand.com.
• Detroit Red Wings’ national anthem singer Karen Newman stages her annual holiday concert at 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 15, at the Andiamo Celebrity Showroom, 7096 Fourteen Mile Road, Warren. Tickets are $50 and $40. Call 586-268-3200 or visit andiamitalia.com.
• Guitar whiz Anthony Gomes brings his six-string heroics at 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 15, to Callahan’s Music Hall, 2105 South Blvd., Auburn Hills. Tickets are $15 and $20. Call 248-858-9508 or visit atcallahans.com.
• Pop hitmakers the Chainsmokers, Dua Lipa and Lauv team up on Friday, Dec. 15, at the Fillmore Detroit, 2115 Woodward Ave. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $78-$140. Call 313-961-5451 or visit thefillmoredetroit.com.
• Parmalee headlines the 4th Annual A Very Country Christmas show with LANCO. Lindsay Ell and more on Friday, Dec. 15, at Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are sold out. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Former Cinderella frontman Tom Keifer plays Friday, Dec. 15, at the Token Lounge, 28949 Joy Road, Westland. Doors open at 7 p.m. Most Wanted and Trixy Tang also perform. Tickets are $25 in advance, $35 at the door. Visit tokenlounge.com.
• The Polish Muslims move their annual holiday/anniversary show to a new location this year -- Saturday, Dec. 16 at the Parliament Room in Otus Supply, 545 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. Ferndale. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 at the door. Call 248-291-6160 or visit otussupply.com.
• Corktown Popes holds its annual “Christmas extravaganza,” including the release of a new version of its album “The Body And The Blood,” at 8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 16, at Callahan’s Music Hall. Duende opens. Tickets are $10 in advance, $13 at the door. Call 248-858-9508 or visit atcallahans.com.
• Carry On: A Tribute To Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young plays the supergroup’s favorites on Saturday, Dec. 17, at the Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $10. Call 248-544-1991 or visit themagicbag.com.
• Local heavy metal heroes Battlecross play their fifth annual Battlechristmas show on Saturday, Dec. 16, at the Token Lounge. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with six other bands also performing. Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the door. Visit tokenlounge.com.
• Chip Davis brings his Mannheim Steamroller back for its annual Christmas concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 16, at the Fox Theatre, 2211 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets are $30-$90. Call 313-471-6611 or visit olympiaentertainment.com.
• “Once Upon A December Eve” features a quartet of vocalists singing jazz, classical and Christmas carols at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 16, in the Cube at the Fisher Music Center, 3711 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets are $40 and $20. Call 313-576-5111 or visit dso.org.
• 98 Degrees sings holiday songs and hits at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 17, at SoundBoard in the Motor City Casino Hotel, 2901 Grand River Ave., Detroit. Tickets are $46-$58. Call 1-866-783-9622 or visit soundboarddetroit.com.
• Trixi Mattel from “RuPaul’s Dragrace” struts her stuff on Sunday, Dec. 17, at Saint Andrews Hall. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $35 and $75. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
Send your thoughts and comments to