» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: Toys 4 Tots benefit, Gary Hoey, Thornetta Davis, Gwar and more...
Local blues favorites the Boa Constrictors, the Delta Twins, Stomp Box, the Detroit Soul Revue and more play the 7th Annual Toys 4 Tots fundraiser at 4 p.m. Sunday at Callahan’s Music Hall, 2105 South Blvd., Auburn Hills. Admission is $10 or a new, unwrapped toy of that value or more. Call 248-858-9508 or visit atcallahans.com.
• Guitar hero Gary Hoey brings his high-octane Ho Ho Hoey show to Callahan’s Music Hall at 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 8. Tickets are $50. Call 248-858-9508 or visit atcallahans.com.
• Guitar virtuoso Kaki King plays an intimate show at 8:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 8, at The Cube in the Fisher Music Center, 3711 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets are $15 and $49. Call 313-576-5111 or visit dso.org.
• Teddie Gibson plays the Barton Theatre Pipe Organ for a Christmas concert at 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 8, at the Redford Theatre, 17360 Lahser Road, Detroit. Tickets are $5. Call 313-537-2560 or visit redfordtheatre.com.
• Former Runaways guitarist Lita Ford brings the noise Friday, Dec. 8, to Harpo’s, 14238 Harper Ave., Detroit. Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets are $30. Call 313-824-1700 or visit harposconcerttheater.com.
• The Great Light Concert featuring musicians David McMurray, Louis Resto, Ron Otis and more, along with a sermon by Rev. Faith Fowler, tkaes place at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 8 at the Cass Community United Methodist Church, 3901 Cass Ave. Admission is $10. Call (313) 833-7730 or visit casscommunity.org.
• The Ragbirds’ family-friendly Ebird & Friends holiday show runs through Saturday, Dec. 9, with two shows that day at 3 and 8 p.m. at the Ark, 316. S. Main St., Ann Arbor. Tickets are $15-$80. Call 734-761-1800 or visit theark.org.
• Montreal DJ Snails brings his new stage show “The Shell” to the Royal Oak Music Theatre, 318 W. Fourth St., on Saturday, Dec. 9. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 day of show. Call 248-399-2980 or visit royaloakmusictheatre.com.
• Jazz drumming legend Harvey Mason performs with the MSU Jazz Orchestra at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 9, at the First Congregational Church of Detroit, 33 E. Forest Ave. Admission is free. Call 313-831-4080 or visit thecarrcenter.org.
• Recently disbanded local favorites Free Beer reunited for a 16th BeerMas! show at 9 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 9, at the New Way Bar, 23130 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Domino Effect will also perform. Cover is $5. Call 248-541-9870 or visit thenewwaybar.com.
• Violinist Damien Escobar, back from retirement, plays Sunday, Dec. 10, at the Royal Oak Music Theatre. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $45-$125. Call 248-399-2980 or visit royaloakmusictheatre.com.
• Perennial Detroit diva favorite Thornetta Davies performs with the Motor City Symphony at 8 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 10, at the Andiamo Celebrity Showroom, 7096 E. Fourteen Mile Road, Warren. Tickets are $30, with a $60 dinner-and-concert package. Call 586-268-3200 or visit andiamoitalia.com.
• Singer-songwriter Billy Raffoul is back for another show on Sunday, Dec. 10, at the Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $10. Call 248-544-1991 or visit themagicbag.com.
• Singer Will Downing brings his Soulful Sounds of Christmas show, with Avery Sunshine, to town at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 10, at SoundBoard in the Motor City Casino Hotel, 2901 Grand River Ave., Detroit. Tickets are $35-$50. Call (866) 782-0622 or visit soundboarddetroit.com.
• The Motor City Brass Band plays a Sounds of the Season concert at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 10, at the Ford Community & Performing Art Center, 15801 Michigan Ave., Dearborn. Tickets are $19 and $12 and free for children 12 and under. Call 313-943-2350 or visit mcbb.org.
• Neil Berg’s Broadway Holiday mixes both seasonal and Great White Way favorites at 3 p.m. Sunday at the Fox Theatre, 2211 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets are $19.50-$44.50. Call 313-471-6611 or visit 313Presents.com.
• Horror rockers Gwar go for the jugular with He Is Legend on Sunday, Dec. 10, at Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Tickets are $28 and $35. Call 313-833-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
Send your thoughts and comments to