» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Video & Photo Sharing
Photos to Buy
» National Video
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: RIFF Fest, Paul McCartney, Boz Scaggs, Antibalas and more...
The outdoor concert season comes to a head-banging close with RIFF Fest, featuring Rob Zombie, Five Finger Death Punch, Halestorm, Fozzy, Michiganders Greta Van Fleet and Pop Evil and more at 1:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 29, at DTE Energy Music Theatre, Sashabaw Road east of I-75, Independence Township. Tickets are $55-$199 pavilion, $25 lawn with a $75 lawn four-pack. Call 248-377-0100 or visit palacenet.com.
• Any time a Beatle comes to town it’s a big deal, and Paul McCartney’s shows at 8 p.m. Sunday and Monday, Oct. 1-2, have added weight since they’re at Detroit’s new Little Caesars Arena. Some tickets remain for Monday’s show. Call 313-471-7000 or visit olympiaentertainment.com.
• The Eric Clapton tribute Journeyman performs Friday, Sept. 29, at the Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20. Call 248-544-1991 or visit themagicbag.com.
• British modern rockers Glass Animals play Friday, Sept. 29, Royal Oak Music Theatre, 318 W. Fourth St. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $40.50. Call 248-399-2980 or visit royaloakmusictheatre.com.
• Saint Andrews in Detroit closes September with a hard rock weekend, starting with Nothing More, Hell Or Highwater and My Ticket Home on Friday, Feb. 29. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $24 in advance, $25 at the door. The Devil Wears Prada, Veil of Maya and others perform Saturday, Sept. 30. Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance, $23 day of show. Torche and Old Gods, meanwhile, play Saturday downstairs in The Shelter. Doors open at 10 p.m. Tickets are $18. The venue is located at 431 E. Congress St. Call 313-061-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Rappers MaidenTYO and K Swisha throw down Friday night, Sept. 29, at the Magic Stick, 4120 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $18. Call 313-833-9700 or visit majesticdetroit.com.
• It’s a bluesapalooza on Saturday, Sept. 30, when Detroit acts Big Ray & the Motor City Kings, Jason Bone & The Pocket Aces and the Big Al Blues Band join forces for a show at 8 p.m. at Callahan’s Music Hall, 2105 South Blvd., Auburn Hills. Tickets are $20 and $15. Call 248-858-9508 or visit atcallahans.com.
• The Canadian indie rock collective Broken Social Scene performs with Frightened Rabbit and the Belle Game on Saturday, Sept. 30, at the Fillmore Detroit, 2115 Woodward Ave. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $26-$60.50. Call 313-961-5451 or visit thefillmoredetroit.com.
• Classic rock fave Boz Scaggs returns after a summer show to play at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Flagstar Strand Theatre, 12 N. Saginaw St., Pontiac. Tickets are $64.50-$104.50. Call 248-309-6445 or visit flagstartheatrepontiac.com.
• The New York ethnomusic troupe Antibalas plays at 8 p.m. Sunday at Otus Supply, 545 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door. Call 248-291-6060 or visit otussupply.com.
• Modern rockers Against Me!, with Bleached and the Dirty Nil, perform Sunday, Oct. 1, at the Majestic Theatre, 4140 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20. Call 313-833-9700 or visit majesticdetroit.com.
Send your thoughts and comments to