» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: Bob Seger, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, Nas and Lauryn Hill, Snoop Dogg and more...
A couple of dynamic musical duos hit town on Friday, Sept. 8. First couple of country Tim McGraw and Faith Hill bring their Soul 2 Soul Tour to The Palace of Auburn Hills at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $69.50-$119.50. Meanwhile, Ms. Lauryn Hill and Nas, with special guests Chronixx and Dave Chappelle, perform at 6:30 p.m. at the Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill, 14900 Metropolitan Pkwy. at Schoenherr Road, Sterling Heights. Tickets are $51.50-$131.50 pavilion, $27 lawn with an $81 lawn four-pack. Call 248-377-0100 or visit palacenet.com for both.
• The inaugural Rockin’ Country Music Festival featuring Old Dominion, Billy Ray Cyrus, Lauren Duski, the Railers, Stephen Clark and more takes place at4 p.m. Friday, Sept. 8, and 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 9 at Heritage Park, 12111 Pardee Road, Taylor. Tickets are $25-$99, including two-day and VIP packages. Visit rockincountrymusicfest.com.
• Country insurgents the Mavericks make another visit to the Royal Oak Music Theatre, 318 W. Fourth St., on Friday, Sept. 8. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $35 in advance, $40 day of show and $65 reserved mezzanine. Call 248-399-2980 or visit royaloakmusictheatre.com.
• Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Ginger Baker’s son Kofi Baker’s Cream Experience pays tribute to his father’s most famous band at 8 p.m. Friday at Callahan’s Music Hall, 2105 South Blvd., Auburn Hills. Tickets are $20 and $15. Call 248-858-9508 or visit atcallahans.com.
• If you didn’t get your fill of jazz in Detroit over Labor Day weekend, the second annual Ann Arbor Jazz Festival takes place Friday, Sept. 8, at the First Congregational Church and Saturday, Sept. 9, at the Live Nightclub, with a lineup that includes the Sean Dobbins Organ Quartet, Andrew Bishop, Janelle Reichman and more. For full schedule and ticket options, visit a2jazzfest.com.
• Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band plays its first show since 1996 -- back when it was still called Pine Knob -- at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 9 at the DTE Energy Music Theatre, Sashabaw Road east of I-75, Independence Township. Larkin Poe opens. Tickets are sold out. Call 248-377-0100 or visit palacenet.com.
• Country artists David Shelby and Audrey Ray and blues guitar veteran Larry McCray headline the 6th annual MusicFest to benefit Bands Against Cancer at 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 9, at the Emerald Theatre, 31 N. Walnut St., Mt. Clemens. The hospital’s Mobile Mammography Health and Screening Center will be on site, with proceeds going to the St. John Van Eslander Cancer Patients Fund. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 at the door. Call 586-630-0120 or visit theemeraldtheatre.com.
• Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons love you, baby, at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 9 at the Fox Theatre, 2211 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets are $25-$125.. Call 313-471-6611 or visit olympiaentertainment.com.
• Sublime with Rome and the Offspring team up for a show at 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 9, at the Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill, 14900 Metropolitan Parkway at Schoenherr Road, Sterling Heights. Tickets are $39.50-$75 pavilion, $29.50 lawn with a $90 lawn four-pack. Call 248-377-0100 or visit palacenet.com.
• Country singer Tucker Breathard performs Saturday, Sept. 9, at Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Tickets are $23. Call 313-833-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Sleeping With Sirens’ Gossip Tour with White Noise, Palae Royale and Chase Atlantic, stops on Saturday, Sept. 9, at The Shelter, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Doors open at 5 p.m. Tickets are $38.95. Call 313-833-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Detroit electronic music promoter Paxahau, the force behind the annual Movement festival, celebrates its 19-year anniversary with J. Philip, DJ Minx, Rebecca Goldberg and more at 9 p.m. Saturday at TV Lounge, 2458 Grand River Ave., Detroit. Tickets are $20. Visit paxahau.com.
• The reunited British jazz fusion band Brand X plays Sunday, Sept. 10, at the Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $25. Call 248-544-1991 or visit themagicbag.com.
• Rootsy rockers J. Roddy Walston & the Business, with Sleepwalkers and Fifth & Main, play Sunday, Sept. 10, at Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $23. Call 313-833-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Rap superstar Snoop Dogg performs Sunday, Sept. 10, at SoundBoard in the Motor City Casino Hotel, 2901 Grand River Ave., Detroit. Tickets are $37.50-$92. Call (866) 782-0622 or visit soundboarddetroit.com.
For interviews with some of these acts, visit TheOaklandPress.com/Entertainment.
Send your thoughts and comments to