» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: Ted Nugent, Depeche Mode, Blues & Roots Fest, Run-DMC and more...
Ted Nugent comes home for his annual Motor City Madhouse, with Southern rockers Jackyl opening at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 25, at the Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill, 14900 Metropolitan Pkwy, Sterling Heights. Tickets are $25-$99.50 pavilion, $25 lawn. Call 248-377-0100 or visit palacenet.com.
• Detroit’s the Black Dahlia Murder headlines the Summer Slaughter Tour on Friday, Aug. 25, at the Majestic Theatre, 4140 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Doors open at 2 p.m. Tickets are $29.50. Call 313-833-9700 or visit majesticdetroit.com.
• The Alarm featuring Mike Peters celebrates its 40th anniversary with a show on Saturday, Aug. 26, at the Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25. Call 248-544-1991 or visit themagicbag.com.
• Maze featuring Frankie Beverly and Chaka Khan promise a night of sweet soul music at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 26 at the Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill, 14900 Metropolitan Pkwy. Tickets are $69-$145 pavilion, $30 lawn. Call 248-377-0100 or visit palacenet.com.
• Insane Clown Posse hosts a special Carnival of Carnage Show for high-rolling Juggalos on Saturday, Aug. 26, at El Club, 4114 Vernor Hwy., Detroit. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $250. Visit elclubdetroit.com.
• Lillie Mae of Jack White’s Band supports her solo album with a show at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 26, at Third Man Records, 441 Canfield St., Detroit. The Craig Brown Band opens. Tickets are $10. Call 313-209-5205 or visit thirdmanrecords.com.
• George Bedard hosts a “Let It Rock” celebration of Chuck Berry’s music — with former Berry pianist Daryl Davis taking part — at 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 26 at The Ark, 316 S. Main St., Ann Arbor. Tickets are $27 reserved and $20 general admission. Call 734-763-8587 or visit theark.org.
• Idaho folkies Shook Twins drop in for a visit at 9 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 26 at Otus Supply, 345 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. Tickets are $12 in advance, $17 at the door. Call 248-291-6160 or visit otussupply.com.
• Depeche Mode will feel you when its Global Spirit Tour stops at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 27, at the DTE Energy Music Theatre, Sashabaw Road, Independence Township. Tickets are $49.50-$129.50 pavilion, $30 lawn with a $90 lawn four-pack. Call 248-377-0100 or visit palacenet.com.
• Creed/Art of Anarchy frontman Scott Stapp headlines the Make America Rock Again tour with Drowning Pool, Sick Puppies, Trapt and Adelitas Way at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 27, at the Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill. Tickets are $20-$49.50 pavilion. $20 lawn. Call 248-377-0100 or visit palacenet.com.
• Samantha Fish, who recorded her latest album “Chills & Fever” in Detroit with local musicians, returns to headline the Blues & Roots Fest at 3 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 27, at the Wildwood Amphitheater, 2700 Joslyn Court, Lake Orion. Jim McCarty & Friends, Tino G’s Dumpster Funk, the Bobby Murray Band, the Reefermen and more will also perform. Tickets are $20 and $30. Call 248-858-9508 or visit atcallahans.com.
• The surviving members of Run-DMC regroup for a HipHop Royalty show with Rakim and EPMD at 8 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 27, at Chene Park Amphitheatre, Chene at Atwater streets, Detroit. Tickets are $100-$150 pavilion. Call 313-393-0292 or visit cheneparkdetroit.com.
Send your thoughts and comments to