» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Video & Photo Sharing
Photos to Buy
» National Video
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: Mo Pop, Korn, Lifehouse, Eddie Money and more...
The Mo Pop Festival welcomes Alt-J, Foster The People, Solange, Run The Jewels, Tyler The Creator, Vance Joy and more for two days of music on Saturday and Sunday, July 29-30, at Detroit’s West Riverfront Park, 1801 W. Jefferson St. Doors open at 1 p.m. each day. Tickets are $75 per day, $125 for a two-day pass and $379 for a weekend four-pack. Visit MoPopFestival.com for all the details.
• Jimmie Bones, from Kid Rock’s Twisted Brown Trucker Band, celebrates the release of his debut solo album with his band, the Snakebit Wanderers, at 8 p.m. Friday, July 28, at Callahan’s Music Hall, 2105 South Blvd., Auburn Hills. Horse Cave Trio opens. Tickets are $15. Call 248-858-9508 or visit atcallahans.com. For an interview with Bones visit TheOaklandPress.com/Entertainment.
• Loverboy will be workin’ for the weekend at this week’s Rockin’ on the Riverfront series behind the GM Renaissance Center in downtown Detroit at 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 21. Admission is free. Visit gmrencen.com.
• Perennial DTE Energy Music Theatre favorite Eddie Money plays a free show, with the Rockets opening, at 8 p.m. Friday, June 28, at Campus Martius Park in downtown Detroit. Some VIP tickets are available for sale as well Visit foodartmusicfest.com.
• John Sinclair performs as part of Friday Night (June 28) Live at 7 p.m. in the Detroit Film Theatre at the Detroit Institute of Arts, 5200 Woodward Ave. Admission is free. Call 313-833-7900 or visit dia.org.
• The O’Jays and the Whispers sing old school R&B at 8 p.m. Friday, July 28 at Chene Park, Chene at Atwater streets, Detroit. Tickets are $56 pavilion, $36 lawn. Call 800-745-3000 or visit cheneparkdetroit.com.
• Piebald plays its band of punky alt.rock, with Baggage, on Friday, July 28 at Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $22.50. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Heavy rockers Neurosis and Converge join forces for a show on Saturday, July 29 at Saint Andrews Hall. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $27.50 and $55. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Bell Biv Devoe returns for a show with SWV and En Vogue at 8 p.m. Saturday at Chene Park. Only lawn tickets remain at $41. Call 800-745-3000 or visit cheneparkdetroit.com.
• The weekend gets heavy when Korn leads its Serenity of Summer Tour -- with Stone Sour, Skillet, Yelawolf and DED -- into the DTE Energy Music Theatre at 5:30 p.m. Sunday, July 30. Tickets are $39.50-$74.50 pavilion, $25 lawn with a $75 lawn four-pack. Call 248-377-0100 or visit palacenet.com. For an interview with Stone Sour, visit TheOaklandPress.com/Entertainment.
• The melodic rock tandem of Lifehouse and Switchfoot, with Brynn Elliott opening, plays at 7 p.m. Sunday, July 30, at the Meadow Brook Amphitheatre on the campus of Oakland University in Rochester Hills. Tickets are $25-$49.50 pavilion, $20 lawn with a $60 lawn four-pack. Call 248-377-0100 or visit palacenet.com. For interviews with both bands visit TheOaklandPress.com/Entertainment.
• Magpie Salute, featuring former members of the Black Crowes, and the Trewes rock on Sunday, July 30 at Saint Andrews Hall. Tickets are $33 and $45. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com. For an interview with Magpie’s Rich Robinson, visit TheOaklandPress.com/Entertainment.
Send your thoughts and comments to