» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: John Legend, Sam Hunt, Jazz Spectacular, Blue October and more...
Fresh off a Tony Award win as co-producer of “Jitney,” John Legend has the “Green Light” to perform at 8 p.m. Friday, June 16, at the Meadow Brook Amphitheatre on the campus of Oakland University in Rochester Hills. Gallant opens. Tickets are $62.50-$132.50 pavilion, $33 lawn. Call 248-377-0100 or visit palacenet.com.
• Country hunk Sam Hunt tops a 15 In 30 Tour bill with Maren Morris, Chris Janson and Ryan Follese at 7 p.m. Friday, June 16, at the DTE Energy Music Theatre, Sashabaw Road east of I-75, Independence Township. Tickets are $69.25 and $59.25 pavilion, $30 lawn. Call 248-377-0100 or visit palacenet.com.
• Ellis Hall, known as the Ambassador of Soul, pays tribute to Marvin Gaye, Jackie Wilson, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles and more with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra on Friday through Sunday, June 16-18, at Orchestra Hall, 3711 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets are $19-$105. Call 313-576-5111 or visit dso.org.
• Guitar slinger Anthony Gomes plays at 8 p.m. Friday, June 16, at Callahan’s Music Hall, 2105 South Blvd., Auburn Hills. Tickets are $20 and $15. Call 248-858-9508 or visit atcallahans.com.
• The tribute show Peter, Paul & Mary Remembered plays at 8 p.m. Saturday, June 17, at 20 Front Street in Lake Orion. Tickets are $20. Call 248-783-7105 or visit 20frontstreet.com.
• Frequent visitor Blue October rocks on Saturday, June 17, at the Royal Oak Music Theatre, 318 W. Fourth St. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $28 in advance, $30 day of show and $45 reserved mezzanine. Call 248-399-2980 or visit royaloakmusictheatre.com.
• Gary Puckett and the Union Gap bring ’60s pop hits “Young Girl” and others that reference girls, women or ladies in the title at 8 p.m. Saturday, June 17, at Andiamo Celebrity Showroom, 7096 E. 14 Mile Road, Warren. Tickets are $25-$60. Call 568-268-3200 or visit andiamoitalia.com.
• Rap legends Bone Thugs N Harmony throw down with Big Gov on Saturday, June 17, at the Fillmore Detroit, 2115 Woodward Ave. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $35 and $25. Call 313-961-5451 or visit thefillmoredetroit.com.
• Roots rocker Pokey LaFarge plays Saturday, June 17, with Third Man Records’ Lillie Mae, at the Magic Stick, 4120 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20. Call 313-833-9700 or visit majesticdetroit.com.
• Joe Jackson previews the upcoming “Fast Forward,” his first set of original songs in seven years, at 8 p.m. Saturday, June 17, at the Michigan Theater, 603 E. Liberty St., Ann Arbor. Remaining tickets are $55 and $30. Call 734-668-8463 or visit michtheater.org.
• Pieces of a Dream, Avery Sunshine, Eric Roberson and more will be part of the 2nd Annual Jazz Spectacular at 6 p.m. Sunday, June 18, at the Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill, 14900 Metropolitan Parkway at Schoennherr Road, Sterling Heights. Tickets are $43.50-$83.50 pavilion, $24 lawn. Call 248-377-0100 or visit palacenet.com.
• A batch of local bands — including Whiskey A Go Go, Whiskey Maiden (sense a theme here?) and Michigan Dogman — play the June Jamboree V on Sunday, June 18, at the Crofoot Ballroom, 1 S. Saginaw St., Pontiac. Doors open at 3 p.m. Tickets are $10 advance, $15 at the door. Call 248-858-9333 or visit thecrofoot.com.
Send your thoughts and comments to