» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
Concert Weekend: Stephen Schwartz, JoJo, Rodriguez, Scott Fab and more...
Stephen Schwartz, the award-winning composer of “Godspell,” “Wicked,” “Pocahontas,” “Pippin” “Enchanted” and even some pieces that have more than one-word titles presents his “Defying Gravity” show with vocalists Scott Coulter and Liz Callaway at 8 p.m. Saturday, April 22, at the Berman Center for the Performing Arts at Maple and Drake roads in West Bloomfield. Tickets are $48-$80. Call 248-661-1900 or visit theberman.org.
• Local favorites the Luddites hunker down at 10 p.m. Friday, April 21, at Otus Supply, 345 E. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale. Admission is free. Call 248-291-6160 or visit otussupply.com.
• The Mega 80’s play a special Prince Remembrance show to commemorate the first anniversary of his death on Friday, April 21, at the Magic Bag, 22920 Woodward Ave., Ferndale. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $12. Call 248-544-3030 or visit themagicbag.com.
• It’s another guitar-filled weekend at Callahan’s Music Hall in Auburn Hills, with Jimmy Thackery shredding Friday, April 21 and Duke Tumatoe following on Saturday, April 22. Doors open at 8 p.m. both nights. Call 248-858-9508 or visit atcallahans.com.
• Punk rock heroes the Descendents blast with Suicide Machines and Radkey on Friday, April 21, at the Fillmore Detroit, 2115 Woodward Ave. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $25-$45. Call 313-961-5451 or visit thefillmoredetroit.com.
• Resurgent pop singer JoJo brings her Mad Love Tour to town Friday at the Majestic Theatre, 4140 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $25. Call 313-833-9700 or visit majesticdetroit.com.
• Movement Detroit offers an early taste of this year’s festival with John Digweed on Friday, April 21, at the Magic Stick, 4120 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Doors open at 9:30 p.m. Tickets are $20. Call 313-833-9700 or visit majesticdetroit.com.
• You can get a Floyd fix when the tribute band Pink Droyd celebrates the 40th anniversary of the “Animals” album, playing it in its entirety, on Friday, April 21, at Saint Andrews Hall, 431 E. Congress St., Detroit. Tickets are $12. Call 313-961-6358 or visit saintandrewsdetroit.com.
• Timmy’s Organism will bring some big noise as it celebrates the release of its new single Friday, April 21, at Ant Hall, 2320 Caniff Ave., Hamtramck. Danny and the Darlean, Deadly Vipers, the Beauticians and DJ Twin Spin are also on the bill. Doors open at 9 p.m. Admission is $8. Call 313-402-4118 or visit planetant.com.
• Sugar Man returns; Detroit troubadour Rodriguez, subject of the Academy Award-winning documentary “Searching For Sugar Man,” plays Saturday, April 22, at the Crofoot Ballroom, 1 S. Saginaw St., Pontiac. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $30 in advance, $35 door. Call 248-858-9333 or visit thecrofoot.com.
• Detroit music veteran Scott Fab celebrates the release of his first full-length album at 8 p.m. Saturday, April 22, at Ant Hall in Hamtramck. The Drinkard Sisters and Anthony Retka also perform. Admission is $5. Call 313-402-4118 or visit planetant.com.
• The Michigan Grateful Dead tribute group Dead Again plays its fifth annual 420 show, albeit on Saturday 4/22 (April 22), at the Magic Bag in Ferndale. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15. Call 248-544-3030 or visit themagicbag.com.
• The all-star Beatles homage outfit the Fab Faux plays the “Abbey Road” album and more at 8 p.m. Saturday, April 22, at the Michigan Theater, 603 E. Liberty St., Ann Arbor. Tickets are $29-$100. Call 734-668-8463 or visit michtheater.org.
• Mr. B celebrates the 20th anniversary of his Boogie and Blues show at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, April 22, at the Ark, 316 S. Main St., Ann Arbor. Tickets are $27.50. Call 734-761-1818 or visit theark.org.
• Trumpeter Anthony Stanco and his Quintet perform at “The Hang” following the DSO’s Symphonic Jazz show at 9:30 p.m. Saturday, April 22 in The Cube inside the Fisher Music Center, 3711 Woodward Ave., Detroit. Tickets are $12. Call 313-576-5111 or visit dso.org.
• Burgeoning Detroit rap hero Tee Grizzley will be part of the Monster Energy Outbreak show with 21 Savage and Young Nudge on Sunday, April 23, at the Fillmore Detroit, 2115 Woodward Ave. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20-$55. Call 313-961-5451 or visit thefillmoredetroit.com.
• Paula Cole plays her Grammy Award-nominated breakthrough album “This Fire” in its entirety and previews her upcoming jazz album at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at the Ark in Ann Arbor. Tickets are $25. Call 734-761-1818 or visit theark.org.
Send your thoughts and comments to