» Contact Us
» Advertise With Us
» Newspaper Ads
The Listening Room: Lady Gaga, Korn, David Bowie, Rocky Horror and more...
This week's new and noteworthy new releases include...
* Michael Buble, "Nobody But Me" (Reprise): The Canadian crooner's latest features three originals he co-wrote as well as duets with Meghan Trainor and the Roots' Black Thought.
* Leonard Cohen, "You Want It Darker" (Columbia): Can this pop poet laureate get any darker than he has on his previous, iconic releases? Find out on this new nine-track set.
* Jimmy Eat World, "Integrity Blues" (Dine Alone/RCA): The Arizona rockers' ninth albums finds the group working with working with producer Justin Meldal-Johnsen, whose credits include Paramore and nine inch nails.
* Korn, "The Serenity Of Suffering" (Roadrunner): After some electronic experiments, the California quintet gets back to its heavy, aggro-rock roots with Slipknot/Stone Sour frontman Corey Taylor guesting on "A Different World."
* Lady Gaga, "Joanne" (Interscope): The arty auteur leaves the Great American Songbook and returns to pop on her fifth album, collaborating with Florence Welch, Mark Ronson, Beck and hard rocker Josh Homme, among others.
* "Lazarus (Original Cast Recording)" (Columbia): The companion to the late David Bowie stage adaptation of his "The Man Who Fell To Earth" film features three unreleased songs from his "Blackstar" album sessions that mark his final recordings.
* The Pretenders, "Alone" (BMG): After a solo album and memoir, Chrissie Hynde returns to the band moniker for the first time in eight years as she prepares to hit the road for a fall tour with Stevie Nicks.
* "The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Complete Soundtrack From The Fox Television Broadcast" (Ode): We do the "Time Warp" again, this time with the TV cast that includes Laverne Cox, Victoria Justice, Adam Lambert, Ben Vereen, Christina Milian and, in a cameo, iconic Frank-N-Furter Tim Curry.
Also Out: Amaranthe, "Maximalism" (Spinefarm); Hamish Anderson, "Trouble" (Kobalt/Awal); Ryan Bingham, "Ryan Bingham Live" (Axster Bingham); Jonatha Brooke, "Midnight. Hallelujah." (Bad Dog/PRA); Joe Budden, "Rage & The Machine" (Mood Muzik); Paul Cauthen, "My Gospel" (Lightning Rod); David Crosby, "Lighthouse" (Ground Up); Laura Daigle, "Behold" (Centricity); Dean Ween Group, "The Deaner Album" (ATO); Piers Faccini, "I Dreamed An Island" (sixdegrees); Matt Hires, "American Wilderness" (Rock Ridge); Kix, "Can't Stop The Show: The Return Of Kix" (Loud & Proud); Takuya Kuroda, "Zigzagger" (Concord); Jono Manson, "The Slight Variations" (Con Artisi); Muddy Magnolias, "Broken People" (Third Generation); Nico Muhly and Teitur, "Confessions" (Nonesuch); NxWorries, "Yes Lawd!" (Stones Throw); Obituary, "Ten Thousand Ways To Die" (Relapse); The Pretty Reckless, "Who You Selling For" (Razor & Tie); Relient K, "Air For Free" (Mono Vs. Stereo); Riverside, "Eye of the Soundscape" (InsideOut); Santana IV, "Live At The House Of Blues, Las Vegas" (Eagle Rock); Sia, "This Is Acting (Deluxe Edition)" (RCA Records);
This Frontier Needs Heroes, "Real Job" (self-released); Chris Tomlin, "Never Lose Sight" (sixsteprecords); Wovenar, "Honor Is Dead" (Metal Blade); Wardruna, "Runaljod Ragnarok" (Norse)
From The Vaults: Miles Davis Quintet: Freedom Jazz Dance (The Bootleg Series, Vol. 5)" (Columbia/Legacy); Waylon Jennings, "The Lost Nashville Sessions" (Country Rewind); King Crimson, "Beat (40th Anniversary Edition)" (DGM); Bette Midler, "The Divine Miss M (Deluxe Edition)" (Atlantic Catalog Group); Elvis Presley, "The Wonder Of You: Elvis Presley With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra" (RCA/Legacy); Otis Redding, "Live At The Whisky A Go Go: The Complete Recordings" (Stax); Frank Sinatra, "World On a String" (Capitol)
Soundtracks: "Lazarus (Original Cast Recording)" (Columbia); "Stranger Things, Vol. 1" (Lakeshore)
New Holiday Albums: Amy Grant, "Tennessee Christmas" (self-released); The Oak Ridge Boys, "Celebrate Christmas" (Gaither Music Group); Pentatonix, "A Pentatonix Christmas" (RCA); Rascal Flatts, "The Greatest Gift Of All" (Big Machine); Matt Redman, "These Christmas Lights" (sixsteprecords); Trans-Siberian Orchestra, "The Ghosts Of Christmas Eve" (Atlantic); Matthew West, "Unto Us: A Christmas Collection" (Sparrow); Frankie Valli, "Tis The Seasons" (Rhino)
New Music DVDs: Fall Out Boy, "The Boys Of Zummer Tour: Live In Chicago" (Eagle Rock); "Morphine: Journey of Dreams" (Cinema); Santana IV, "Live At The House Of Blues, Las Vegas" (Eagle Rock);
Send your thoughts and comments to