* The musical buzz you hear Friday (Dec. 5) will be coming from Ferndale's Magic Bag, which hosts a particularly hot and noteworthy evening of music. The Grande Nationals will celebrate the release of a new 45, "Spark Plug" b/w "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore," supported early by Gorevette (a new outing by Amy Gore of the Gore Gore Grils and Nikki Corvette, former Von Bondies guitarist Marci Bolen's Silverghost and the Dial Tones. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $7. The Magic Bag is at 22920 Woodward Ave. Call (248) 544-3030 or visit www.themagicbag.com.
* Oakland County headbangers Ballz Deluxe will host a very loud holiday celebration with Jingle Ballz on Friday (Dec. 5) at the Crofoot Ballroom, 1 S. Saginaw St., Pontiac. Frequency 54, Broadzilla, Dangerous Pursuit and Wake of Destruction will help with the revelry. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $10. Call (248) 858-9333 or visit www.thecrofoot.com.
* Local rockers National Ghost celebrate the release of its self-titled new CD at 9 p.m. Saturday (Dec. 6) at the Berkley Front, 3087 W. Twelve Mile Road. Silver Spine and Birdgang's Zach Roberts are also on the Bill. Call (248) (547-3331 or visit www.nationalghost.com.
* DetroitCountryMusic.com holds its sixth annual Holiday Hootenanny on Sunday (Dec. 7) to benefit Toys for Tots. Various performers from the local country and Americana scenes will perform starting at 7 p.m. at Memphis Smoke, 100 S. Main St., Royal Oak. Admission is one new, unwrapped toy for the campaign. Call (248) 543-4300 or visit www.detroitcountrymusic.com.
* Local jazz musician Cary Heller and his quintet begin a series of concerts on Sunday (Dec. 7) to benefit the Mark A. Heller Foundation established to honor his late brother, a former manager at Detroit's State Theatre (now the Fillmore Detroit). The shows take place at 7 p.m. every Sunday through December and January at Bakers Keyboard Lounge, 20510 Livernois Ave., Detroit. There's no cover charge, but donations are encouraged. The Daniel B. Sobel Friendship House will be this year's recipient of the foundation's funds. Call (313) 345-6300 or visit www.bakerskeyboardlounge.com or www.markahellerfoundation.org.
GO & DO Michigan, an Entertainment Portal http://www.goanddomichigan.com
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the written permission of the copyright holder.